Entrepreneurship Curriculum Development Consultant
Entrepreneurship Curriculum DevelopmentConsultant
|Position:||Entrepreneurship Curriculum Development Consultant|
|Location:||Puntland and South-central Regions of Somalia|
|Application Deadline:||29 April 2018|
|Duration:||21 working days|
|Start Date:||To be determined|
In order to develop or improve an entrepreneurship curriculum for higher education institutions in Somalia, SPARK is supporting the Higher Education Department of the Ministry of Education of Somalia and the Universities of Puntland and South-Central Somalia to introduce entrepreneurship courses/modules and training components.
The main objective of this consultancy is to develop or enhance two entrepreneurship modules that will be implemented in higher education institutions in the Puntland and South-Central Regions of Somalia. The consultant will also be responsible for delivering trainings on the developed modules to a minimum of 24 university lecturers who are committed to teaching the modules to their students. SPARK aims for the developed entrepreneurship modules to be taught to an eventual 1840 students.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
The responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Review the policies and teaching methods currently in place for entrepreneurship modules being taught at education institutions in Puntland and South-central regions of Somalia.
- Conduct a clear needs assessment within the chosen universities where a (new) entrepreneurship module will be developed (or existing module be improved) by the selected consultant.
- Developcomprehensive entrepreneurship modules that are tailored to the local (market) needs and environment.
- Train a minimum of 24 university lecturers from eight universities (Puntland and South-central regions of Somalia) on the two developed entrepreneurship modules.
- Conduct pre-and post- evaluationsof the Teacher Trainingsto determine the impact made by the provided training.
- Write a comprehensive report of the developed entrepreneurship modules and the teacher trainings delivered.
Requirements and Skills
- Advanced University Degree in Business Administration (MBA) with a concentration on entrepreneurship
- A minimum of five years’ of experience in the development of educative courses/modules (preferably in entrepreneurship or business) or working experience within higher education institutions
- Experience in preparing and delivering training programmes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A self-starter and ability to work independently
- Fluent in both English and Somali languages.
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment;
- A change to improve the higher studies standards of the country;
- Dynamic team to work with.
How to apply?
If you have any questions regarding SPARK or the position, please visit our website www.spark-online.org or call +31 20 753 0311, with Reference:LEAD Somalia Curriculum Development Consultant.
Please send your motivation letter and CV (both in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for application is on 29April 2018.Reference: LEAD Somalia Curriculum Development Consultant.
All applications will be assessed on rolling basis; interviews can therefore take place before the application deadline. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant individually. There may be a delay between the deadline and the moment we contact selected applicants.
If you have not received a reply we regret to inform that we have continued with other candidates.
SPARK develops higher education and entrepreneurship to empower young, ambitious people to lead their fragile and conflict-affected societies into prosperity. SPARK is a dynamic and growing, international not-for-profit development organisation with 80+ staff members, in more than 14 offices around the world. SPARK supports refugees in the Middle-East by providing them with scholarships in universities and higher education institutions in the region. SPARK also supports young entrepreneurs in fragile states, to start or grow their own businesses.