Job Title: Field Officer
Reports to: Field Supervisor
Duty station: Afgoye, Lower Shabelle Region
Contract details: 1 year & Renewable
Three months probation period
Work Type: Fixed Term Staff
Date Issued: 15/04/2018
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: SHACDO/FO/036/2018
Shabelle Community Development Organization (SHACDO) is a local non-governmental humanitarian and development organization which is headquartered in Mogadishu-Somalia, but has sub project office in Afgoye district. The organization has been implementing outstanding community development projects in collaboration with National and International partners. Such projects included basic community needs during the severe famine i.e. humanitarian projects, e.g. Cash For Work, Education, Capacity building and training for the community development workers, construction of water wells and tanks, clean water provision, waste collection, sensitizing the community on Sexual-gender based violence, use and drinking of clean water and Environmental health and sanitation.
SHACDO prioritizes to identify the most appropriate targets for their projects where the poorest communities are suffering most.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
SHACDO is seeking to recruit qualified candidate of filed Officer who will be based in the field office of Afgoye district under Lower Shabelle Region with potential visits to Wanle-weyn district and any other programme locations in Somalia especially Awdhegle district if they become accessible.
General Description of the Role:
The field officer is responsible for designing and delivering SHACDO’s integrated programme activities in Lower Shabelle region. Responsibilities include developing effective measures to strengthen project practices and production, ensuring implementation in line with donor commitments and funding allocations and monitoring implementation to document practice and impact. The field officer will develop in-depth knowledge of the field activities and undertake substantial field work. Involvement into the project site monitoring, and regular reporting to the field supervisor.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Ensure timely activity implementation and monitoring of the activities at the field as well as facilitating regular updates to the head office.
- Undertake the day to day project activities at the field level.
- Ensure that at the field level the project is implemented in the area assigned
- Build the capacity of field assistants in implementing project activities.
- Ensure a smooth working relationship and in collaboration with other partners and personnel on ground from relevant community members and NGOs.
- To assist SHACDO in identifying needs and plan humanitarian interventions in target areas via the roll out of need assessments based on appropriate methods
- To assist in responding to the identified needs by delivering the agreed assistance to the beneficiaries;
- To assist in coordinating SHACDO work with beneficiaries, local authorities and other stakeholders.
- To conduct a baseline and end line research and provide reports to the organization for decision making.
- To assist in the identification of needs in the most vulnerable community.
- To collect all substantial information from interviewees and local authorities, community based organizations or members of civil societies that can support the report writing and the data analysis;
- To collect relevant data for the project and synthesize them before delivery.
- To facilitate the logistics procedures to the field and in the field.
- Ensure that project activities are implemented in accordance with the approved project documents
- Ensure that the Project budget are spent in line with the approved activities
- Coordinate the daily management of planned activities in the field
- Coordinate and supervise project assistants in the project implementation and monitoring
- Provide assistance in the financial management of the project
- Ensure compliance of administrative and financial procedures of SHACDO and donors.
- Provide advice and updates in the project management and implementation
- Conduct research and assessments with solid methodologies
- Provide guidance to SHACDO in data collection and monitoring techniques
- Ensure high-quality reporting and assist the organization when need arises
- Liaise and network with relevant local actors and stakeholders
- Support capacity building processes throughout the project
- Ensure that all experiences and lessons learnt during the project course are well documented for the use of future references
- Look for opportunities to expand, improve or adapt the programme and advise the SHACDO management
- Other tasks as may reasonably be requested by the SHACDO management
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- University Degree in Agriculture, community development or any other relevant degree .
- Previous experience in humanitarian organization with similar scope of work will be considered an asset;
- Fluent in English is required, full PC literacy including Microsoft Access;
Experience and Skills
- At least Three years’ experience of Field work-related humanitarian/development program implementation
- Experience of implementing integrated project activities and income generation activities
- Experience of working in complex, insecure environments
- Fluent spoken and written Somali
- Decision making ability and good leadership style
- Should have good technical skills
- Special Skills
- Good analytical thinking and good interpersonal skills
- Ability and willingness to interact successfully and respectfully with people at all levels and from all backgrounds
- Ability to work under pressure and without constant supervision.
- Flexibility and ability to carry out additional duties and tasks as required and adapt to a changing operational environment
- Innovative and pro-active with a positive attitude
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should apply by submitting their applications (cover letter, updated CV and contacts of 3 professional referees) by email to email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org or SHACDO’s Office, Hirey Kasim Building, KM4, Taleh road, Hodan district, Mogadishu-Somalia with the subject line and vacancy notice number “Application for Field Officer/036” The closing date for the application is 23rd April 2018. Applications and CVs submitted after deadline will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- Posted by: Somali Jobs Inc
- Company: Shabelle Community Development Organization (SHACDO)
- Location: Anywhere
- State: Afgoye
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: No Categories
- Tags: No Tags
2110 total views, 3 today