Title Health Officer(Somali National Only)
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
As a member of the Save the Children staff in Galgadud – Health project officer will work in Adado district under direct supervision of Health project Manager and will supervise clinical staff. The Health Project Officer will be based in Adado SCI office and will be the head of the Emergency Health project in Adado District Contract Duration: One year
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Public Health, Medicine or Nursing
- Minimum of two years of relevant experience in a emergency health program set up
- Willing to travel and live in difficult and remote areas
- A mature person of high professional discipline and moral integrity,
- Knowledge of local Somali language.
- Previous experience within a humanitarian aid organization, in particular working in primary health care programs and conducting nursing.
- Competent to work under stress as the situation may dictate.
- Ability to work with displaced communities with diverse cultural and ethnic background.
- Experience in Adado district will be an asset.
- Clinical experience.
- Experience in managing emergency health interventions with international NGOs/UN.
- Knowledge and experience in Child Right Programming approach
- Knowledge of the Somalia health system
- Qualified health scientist with primary health care/community health care experience
- Computer skills e.g. Word, Power Point and Excel.
- Female candidates highly desired
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description please visit our please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs or click below URL:-
The Application will close on 29th April 2018
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents