Market Research Consultant
Market Research Consultant
|Position:||Market Research Consultant|
|Application Deadline:||29 April 2018|
|Duration:||21 working days|
|Start Date:||To be determined|
Under the guidance of the Somalia/land Programme Manager, the consultant will be responsible for conducting detailed market research on DP World’s recent agreement to develop an economic free zone at the Port ofBerbera. The consultant will be tasked with identifying how DP World’s investment in the port will impact and alterSomaliland’s markets, which sectors will benefit and where new business opportunities are most likely to be created. The market research will specifically focus on the impact that the port’s development will have on Berbera’s fishing sector.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
The responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct in-depth and extensive market research on the current market of Berbera and greater Somaliland.
- Analyse and assess the potential impact that DP World’s development of an economic free zone in the port of Berberawill have on the local and regional markets.
- Identify which sectors are likely to benefit or suffer from the port development, with a specific focus on Berbera’s fishing sector.
- Assess how the current job market will be impacted by the development of the Port of Berbera, specifically identifying in which sectors new business opportunities are most likely to be created.
- Conduct interviews, where possible, with relevant stakeholders
- Produce a high-quality market research report that analyses the current economic situation from all angles and considers all possible outcomesof DP World’s investment
Requirements and Skills
- Master’s Degree in economics, marketing research, marketing analytics, international business, statistics
- , international development, or any other related field
- Sound understanding of the investment climate and opportunities in Somaliland
- Demonstrable work experience in conducting and writing of market studies
- Minimum of five years extensive experience in carrying out research reports and analysing case studies
- Experience in conducting research for INGOs is preferable
- Fluent in both English and Somali languages
How to apply?
If you have any questions regarding SPARK or the position, please visit our website www.spark-online.org or call +31 20 753 0311, with Reference:Market Research Consultant.
Interested applicants (Only Somali nationals) are requested to send a technical and financial offer including timeline, fee and methodology. Applicants must also include CV(in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for application is on 29April 2018.Reference: Market Research Consultant, Somaliland
All applications will be assessed on rolling basis; interviews can therefore take place before the application deadline. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant individually. There may be a delay between the deadline and the moment we contact selected applicants.
If you have not received a reply we regret to inform that we have continued with other candidates.
SPARK develops higher education and entrepreneurship to empower young, ambitious people to lead their fragile and conflict-affected societies into prosperity. SPARK is a dynamic and growing, international not-for-profit development organisation with 80+ staff members, in more than 14 offices around the world. SPARK supports refugees in the Middle-East by providing them with scholarships in universities and higher education institutions in the region. SPARK also supports young entrepreneurs in fragile states, to start or grow their own businesses.