Job Title: M&E Officer
Reports to: Field Supervisor
Duty station: Afgoye, Lower Shabelle Region
Contract details: 1 year with possibility of extension
Three months probation period
Work Type: Fixed Term Staff
Date Issued: 15/04/2018
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: SHACDO/MEO/038/2018
Shabelle Community Development Organization (SHACDO) is a local non-governmental humanitarian and development organization which is headquartered in Mogadishu-Somalia, but has sub project office in Afgoye district. The organization has been implementing outstanding community development projects in collaboration with National and International partners. Such projects included basic community needs during the severe famine i.e. humanitarian projects, e.g. Cash For Work, Education, Capacity building and training for the community development workers, construction of water wells and tanks, clean water provision, waste collection, sensitizing the community on Sexual-gender based violence, use and drinking of clean water and Environmental health and sanitation.
SHACDO prioritizes to identify the most appropriate targets for their projects where the poorest communities are suffering most.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
SHACDO is seeking to recruit qualified candidate of MEAL Officer who will be based in the field office of Afgoye district under Lower Shabelle Region with potential visits to Wanle-weyn district and any other programme locations in Somalia especially Awdhegle district if they become accessible.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE ROLE:
The monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL) officer is responsible for designing and delivering SHACDO’s integrated education programme activities in Lower Shabelle region. Responsibilities include developing effective measures to strengthen project practices and production, ensuring implementation in line with donor commitments and funding allocations, Provide technical support on M&E and evidence-based recommendations to the relevant staff and Partners as well as monitoring implementation to document practice and impact. involvement into the project site monitoring, and regular reporting to the field supervisor.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To supervise regular data collection through implementing partners and ensure quality of the data by random verifications and validations
- To record, manage and preserve monitoring and evaluation data in a safe and accessible way
- To analyse and discuss findings based on regular monitoring data
- Provide technical support on M&E and evidence-based recommendations to the relevant Project Manager and Partners.
- Ensure that implementation of field activities adheres to SHACDO’s monitoring and evaluation system
- Support partners in conducting baseline surveys and KAP surveys
- Participate actively in programme planning process and budgeting of the programme quality and fundraising unit
- Develop project monitoring plan (PMP) of the projects in line with project LFA and consulting with programme team and partners
- Coordinate with Implementing staff for collecting data against agreed indicators
- Engage with implementing staff to collect and manage essential data of their respective activities
- Ensure quality of data collected by field staff
- Provide feedback to program manager and programme teams on projects’ performance based on monitoring data findings
- Assist SHACDO management in designing, coordinating and conducting project evaluations (mid-term and end-line)
- Assist SHACDO management in designing and conducting Post Implementation Monitoring Survey (PIMS)
- Assist SHACDO management in conducting Programme Data Review
- Support field staff in designing and disseminating research studies by providing relevant input
- Reporting and Documentation
- Assist SHACDO Management in developing Monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
- Develop and share field visit reports with relevant staff
- Adhere to SHACDO policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Look for opportunities to expand, improve or adapt the education programme and advise the SHACDO management
- Other tasks as may reasonably be requested by the SHACDO management
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Education and Experience
- University degree insocial sciences, planning development or related technical fields, experience in programme development, monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning
- At least three years of experience with M&E systems including over two years in field operations
- Previous work experience with complex and volatile context is desirable
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal is required
- Special Skills
- Good analytical thinking and good interpersonal skills
- Ability and willingness to interact successfully and respectfully with people at all levels and from all backgrounds
- Ability to work under pressure and without constant supervision.
- Flexibility and ability to carry out additional duties and tasks as required and adapt to a changing operational environment
- Innovative and pro-active with a positive attitude
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should apply by submitting their applications (cover letter, updated CV and contacts of 3 professional referees) by email to firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com or SHACDO’s Office, Hirey Kasim Building, KM4, Taleh road, Hodan district, Mogadishu-Somalia with the subject line and vacancy notice number “Application for M&E Officer/038” The closing date for the application is 23rd April 2018. Applications and CVs submitted after deadline will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- Posted by: Somali Jobs Inc
- Company: Shabelle Community Development Organization (SHACDO)
- Location: Anywhere
- State: Afgoye
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: M&E Specialist
- Tags: No Tags
- Job expires in: 1 day
1499 total views, 62 today