Midwives ( 5)
|Midwives ( 5)|
|Date of issued||16 April , 2018|
|Closing date||22 April, 2018|
The Somaliland Family Health Association (SOFHA) is a national non-government, non-profit, and non-political organization .Since 2009 SOFHA has been engaged SRHR. Providing clinical services; community health education, Nutrition, capacity building of Health Care Workers and other relevant actors in SRHR; and advocacy and lobbying SOFHA Program seeks applications from highly skilled and competent candidates to fill the following five vacancies to be based in Hawd Region.
The purpose of the Midwives is to increase knowledge about safe motherhood among women and men in Hawd region and increase attendance of ANC at Baligubedle health centre among target population.
Under the direction of the Project coordinator, the Midwife will be responsible to Support the systematic delivery of SOFHA health education and Keys to Safe motherhood (ANC, Nutrition, skilled birth attendant, Birth spacing) in Hawd Region.
Roles and responsibility
- Promotes health and wellness, particularly for maternal and child health.
- Encourage an increasing use of the existing health services.
- Promoting good health practices.
- Teaching and working with the community to make a healthy place for all.
- Promoting access to health services, so people will seek treatment early
- Identify factors affecting maternal mortality and morbidity.
- Teach the advantages of early visiting for antenatal care to women and their family members
- Support and encourage ongoing antenatal care for pregnant women.
- Promote exclusive breastfeeding and teach and work with the pregnant and lactating mothers.
- Assist pregnant women to obtain information about the signs and delays that contribute to obstetric emergencies
- Remind pregnant women to take her prescribed iron and folic acid tablets.
- Give information and support to the pregnant woman and her Spouse about (Birth spacing, Birth preparedness planning, Complication readiness planning).
- Counsel on prenatal self care, including nutrition, hygiene, breastfeeding and danger signs in pregnancy and childbirth
- Use IEC materials about Safe motherhood to share with pregnant women for use in health promotion activities.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills to deliver appropriate health promotion activities.
- Explain the four delays and how they contribute to maternal and neonatal mortality and morbidity.
- Collaborate with other health workers to support planning for obstetric emergencies in the community including referral.
- All documents are confidential and should not be shared with any person without the consent.
- Work with community partners (such as health services, government representatives, NGOs,and community mobilizers )
- Work closely with other SOFHA field Staff according to supervisors
- Prepare regular written reports as part of the organizational accountability requirements (e.g. weekly and monthly reporting etc)
- Perform any other related duties assigned by the line supervisor
Key Personal Competencies:
- Well organized and capable to deliver work in tight deadlines
- Willing to work in Hawd region
- Excellent interpersonal skills and facilitation skills
- An effective communicator
- Team player
- Be flexible in his /her work
- Capacity to work in a Rural environment
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Diploma in Community Midwifery or higher
- Minimum of 2 years work experience as a midwife in a health Facility
- Fluent in written and spoken Somali and competent in written and spoken English
- Computer proficiency in Word, Power Point, Excel is a requirement
How to apply
Please send us your cover letter and detailed CV, including your qualifications and certificates. Your application should also include names and addresses of three referees, a working e-mail address and daytime telephone contacts. The forwarding e-mail and cover letter must clearly indicate the position title on the subject line. Send your application to email@example.com by Sunday 22nd April, 2018.Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a test and/or oral interview. No late applications will be accepted. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.