Nutrition field Assistant ( 5)
|Nutrition field Assistant ( 5)|
|Date of issued||16 April , 2018|
|Closing date||22 April, 2018|
The Somaliland Family Health Association (SOFHA) is a national non-government, non-profit, and non-political organization .Since 2009 SOFHA has been engaged SRHR. Providing clinical services; community health education, Nutrition, capacity building of Health Care Workers and other relevant actors in SRHR; and advocacy and lobbying SOFHA Program seeks applications from highly skilled and competent candidates to fill the following five vacancies to be based in Hawd Region..
Nutrition Field Assistances
The purpose of the Nutrition field assistances is to increase knowledge about nutrition among women and men in Hawd Region and improve food choices among families.
Under the direction of the Project coordinator, the Nutrition Field Assistances will be responsible to Support the systematic delivery of Health education and Nutrition education messages to the target programme beneficiaries and the entire community of the SOFHA Nutrition program activities in Hawd Region.
Roles and responsibility
- Support effective provision of comprehensive and quality High Impact Nutrition Interventions
- Ensure uses of interpersonal and social change communication strategies to help communities make better nutritional choices
- Facilitate efficient and timely implementation of planned activities.
- Distribute IEC materials and facilitate health awareness and training programs
- Conducting nutrition screening
- Support the community in conducting home visits
- Managing and monitoring Community mobilizers activities and meeting
- Collaborate with the program staff to ensure optimal use of health education and good nutrition practices.
- All documents are confidential and should not be shared with any person without the consent
- Create awareness on the importance of good nutrition practices for the Pregnant, lactating Women and children.
- Work with community partners (such as health services, government representatives, NGOs,and community mobilizers )in the region
- Ensure proper documentation of achievements, lessons learnt, Field visit findings, case studies, suggested action points and best practice throughout the program implementation.
- Work closely with other SOFHA field Staff according to supervisors
- Prepare regular written reports as part of the organizational accountability requirements (e.g. weekly and monthly reporting etc)
- Perform any other related duties assigned by the line supervisor
Key Personal Competencies:
- Well organized and capable to deliver work in tight deadlines
- Willing to work in Hawd region
- Excellent interpersonal skills and facilitation skills
- An effective communicator
- Team player;
- Be flexible in his /her work
- Capacity to work in a rural environment
- Good organizational and time management skills
- University degree in Nutrition and Public Health
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in Health and Nutrition education projects
- Fluent in written and spoken Somali and English
- Computer proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Excel is a requirement
How to apply
Please send us your cover letter and detailed CV, including your qualifications and certificates. Your application should also include names and addresses of three referees, a working e-mail address and daytime telephone contacts. The forwarding e-mail and cover letter must clearly indicate the position title on the subject line. Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 22nd April, 2018.Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a test and/or oral interview. No late applications will be accepted. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply.