YouthLink Somalia is a local humanitarian NGO operating in South and Central Somalia. YouthLink works to enable the poor and vulnerable communities to improve livelihoods and build their resilience through long-term development and life-saving programmes
|Job Title:||Operations Coordinator|
|Reports to:||Programme Director|
|Direct Reports:||Finance/Admin Officer and Logistics Officer|
|Job Location:||Based in Mogadishu, Somalia|
|Contract Details:||1 year & Renewable|
|Three Mont’s Probation Period|
|Paid Annual Leave|
|Job Purpose:||Operations Coordinator is responsible for the financial management, administration and operational support|
|functions for YouthLink as per organization’s policies and procedures and play a significant role in long-term planning,|
|including an initiative geared toward operational excellence.|
Main Duties & Financial Management
Responsibilities: · The financial management includes planning and reviewing annual budgets, managing costs and payments through partners and suppliers, monthly financial reporting, and other ad-hoc financial analysis as required
- Continue to improve organisation’s finance system by adopting and implementing accounting best practices including identification of computerized Accounting software
- Ensure that accounting records are maintained in a manner consistent with good accounting principles
- Review expenditure for audit trail, confirm accounting codes, and ensure that expenditure is accurately recorded in dally books and reported in a timely basis to funding partner organization/Donors.
- Ensure production of monthly management accounts and extrapolate into donor format & currency, ensuring accuracy and timeliness
- Ensure that the procedures for procurement and purchasing of goods and services are in place and meet
- Manage procurement, administration and transport according to plan and budget, and ensuring that the logistics and human resource are implemented to deliver organization’s programme objectives.
- Develop capacity of Support staff to ensure continued integration system functions with programme functions.
- Carry out systematic review to improve the efficiency of the support functions in line with policies and procedures.
- As member of Senior staff, actively participate and contribute proposal development and strategic plan
- Support the Programme director/Programme Coordinator in the management, review and effective implementation of Security operating procedures in place.
- Developing and managing a strong systems so that all support functions provide optimal support to the
- Lead, manage and motivate the support staff ensuring that they have clear objectives and receive meaningful feedback on their performance in mature and impartial manner
- Provide orientation and training to staff support and programme staff on finance and supply chain procedures
for cost-effective management and to ensure that audit/ donor compliance procedures are consistently followed
- Ensure the none-disclosure of any information of whatsoever acquired in the due course, related to business of YouthLink to any other organisation without authority except in execution of above duties.
- Ensure strict guardianship and security of financial data and documents at all times, including secure storage, accurate & complete filing and limiting access to the finance office to authorized personnel only.
|Job Specification:||·||Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Management/Business Management Logistics/Administrative|
|·||2 to 3 years in Budget management and operations and organizational policies and procedures, in an emergency|
|or development field|
|·||Strong financial management skills|
|·||Good interpersonal, motivational skills and flexible/motivated|
|·||Strong staff management and staff development experience|
|·||Computer skills including accounting software, Microsoft Word and Excel|
|·||Good working knowledge of English (verbal and written) and Somali|
|·||Excellent organisational, communication, written and oral skills|
|·||Dynamic and willing to take initiatives to complete assigned tasks and work under pressure|
|·||Ability to multi task and work independently whilst being strong team player|
|·||Must be flexible and willing to adapt to a fluid situation|
|How to Apply:||·||Bring your application (Cover letter, updated CV) with a least 3 references by hand to YouthLink Office at Km5|
|Bulo-Hubey Street |Wadajir District |Mogadishu by April 28th 2018 Or submit application by email to|
|email@example.com with subject line “Application for Operations Coordinator”|