Policy and Planning Advisor
Somali Young Doctors Association (SOYDA) is federation of health Professional Medical Association representing Hundreds of Somali physicians worldwide. Acting on behalf of patients and physicians, the SOYDA endeavors to achieve the highest possible standards of medical care, ethics, education and health-related human rights and Health Care for all peopleTerms of Reference
Post/ title: Policy and Planning Advisor
Duration: 1 year (can be renewed subject to performance)
Duty station: Mogadishu-Somalia
Supervisor: Executive Director
Somali Young Doctors Association (SOYDA) is federation of health Professional Medical Association representing Hundreds of Somali physicians worldwide. Acting on behalf of patients and physicians, the SOYDA endeavors to achieve the highest possible standards of medical care, ethics, education and health-related human rights and Health Care for all people
SOYDA for Somalia is a national non profit, ethnic as well as religious based institution, SOYDA members are physician’s innovative instant association, their teams organize/implement numerous health projects that poor people and IDPs are contingent harmonize within the framework of SOYDA service deliver to support deprived migrants. SOYDA was created a group of local native health professionals and their aim was to help for a great humanitarian effort and the creation of successful projects that can lead a progress to the life of Somali communities SOYDA provides a forum for its members to communicate freely, to co-operate actively, to achieve consensus on high standards of medical ethics and professional competence, and to promote the professional freedom of physicians worldwide particularly in Somalia.
The purpose of the SOYDA is to serve humanity by endeavoring to achieve the highest international standards in Medical Education, Medical Science, Medical Art and Medical Ethics, and Health Care for all people living in Somalia.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Advise and provide technical support to SOYDA on strengthening their national and sub-national gender systems and overall governance capacity to promote policies Updated
- Developing strategic policy priorities: Planning and coordinating the implementation of policy initiatives that support these priorities
- Supplying timely and relevant policy advice to the SOYDA management team
- Providing feedback to SOYDA leadership regarding perspectives on Departmental policies
- Engaging bureaus within the SOYDA to ensure coordination and integration of policy initiatives with secretarial and Administration objectives
- Leading cross- SOYDA initiatives and supporting the implementation of SOYDA -led policy initiatives
- Offering policy input into secretarial communications by coordinating SOYDA policy input
- The advisor will provide mentoring and training and coaching to key staff members up to a level of competency to be able to competently perform policy advice within the SOYDA including identifying staff (as well as selected interns), providing an agreed training plan & setting capacity development goals as well as keeping said staff engaged and motivated.
- Design and implement capacity building events to support more coherent and systematic targeting and review of SOYDA policies.
- Deliver training and in-house capacity building, for mainstreaming consideration of SOYDA policies and planning into programmes and strategies.
Qualifications and Experience:-
The candidates for this position must have:
- Master degree (preferably in Public Policy, Development studies, gender studies, MBA and Social science).
- Five-year experience After the Master degree in position related with planning and policy.
- Previous experience with a government, multilateral or international organization is helpful but not mandatory;
- A demonstrated ability to analyse, formulate sector and sub-sector policies, strategies and programs, and to prepare well written and researched policy documents;
- Experience in organizing workshops for Government officials on diverse institutional, sector and sub-sector policy issues;
- Good knowledge of Data analysis techniques, word processing and spreadsheet software;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
Excellent command of the Somali and English language is a must;
How to Apply
Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The closing date for applications is: 25st April 2018