Protection Monitors – 2 Positions
|Protection Monitors – 2 Positions|
|Employment category: Grade 7
Reporting to: Protection Officer-Baidoa
Direct reports: None
Authorization level: None
Advert No DRC2018/0025
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organization which has been operating in Somalia since 1997. DRC has mainly focused on Somalis who are displaced by conflict and natural disaster. DRC programs include Protection, Food security & Livelihoods, Shelter/NFI and Water & Sanitation.
|ABOUT THE JOB
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Somalia Programme is seeking for Protection Monitors Somali national who will be based in Baidoa. The Protection monitors is responsible carrying out systematic daily monitoring and reporting of protection issues of persons of concern to DRC protection officer on daily and weekly basis with the focus on the women, children, elderly, among the IDPs, refugees and returnees population. The information should be crosschecked and reliable sources, and must coordinate with the protection officer in providing adequate response to survivors of rights based violations. Respect for CONFIFENTIALITY is required.
|The overall responsibilities
|Required qualifications and experience:
· Willing to travel and can work under pressure
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
· Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
· Collaborating: You are a strong networker and enjoy working with many different types of stakeholders, you involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
· Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while balancing the role of advisor and taking leadership
· Communicating: You write and speak effectively and honestly and display political and cultural sensitivity, including ability to adapt well to local cultures
· Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
|TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Availability: April, 2018
Other terms of employment will be in accordance with DRC terms for National staff,
The position is open to Nationals ONLY.
Interested & qualified candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit their updated CV and a 1-page Cover letter clearly stating their motivation and why they are suited for the post to drcbaidoa.jobs@DRCSOMALIA.ORG with the subject heading “Protection Monitors- Baidoa” not later than 12th April 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the written test & oral interview.
(DRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer)