Senior Agro inputs Systems Specialist – 1 position
|Title: Senior Agro inputs Systems Specialist – 1 position
|Location: Mogadishu, Somalia||Duration: 1 year (Renewable)|
Growth, Enterprise, Employment & Livelihoods (GEEL) is 5-year development project designed to promote and facilitate inclusive economic growth in Somaliland, Puntland and other existing and emerging federal states. The project is focusing on the agricultural sector, fisheries and renewable energy. Particular focus will be given to increase the participation of women and youth in the economy as entrepreneurs, employers, and employees.
General Responsibilities – Senior Agro Inputs Systems Specialist
- Develop innovative private sector led agro dealer models and networks that will introduce and adapt new technologies such as; Seeds systems including tissue culture and services for banana production; Farm machinery and inputs; Out growers’ networks; Livestock Inputs
- Coordinate with stakeholders of Agricultural inputs with market-oriented agricultural commerce/Business
- Assessment of existing agricultural input dealers in Somalia/Somaliland with focus on challenges and opportunities to improve input demand and supply as well as specific quantity and quality requirements.
- Support the training on modern commercial agricultural input dealers such as quality seeds, organic fertilizers, bio-pesticides and veterinary drugs with best agro-input management practice.
- Support the development of commercial agricultural input development strategy to support competitive agricultural production in market-oriented approaches.
- Strengthening technical capacities of agricultural input suppliers or agro dealer model shops
- Provide technical assistance, training, coaching and mentoring to agro dealers to improve their agro-business management and product aggregation and marketing; and
- Coordinate with relevant government ministries and institutions on appropriate policy frameworks
- Develop learning and exchange visits with neighboring countries e.g. Kenya and Ethiopia etc.
- Create partnerships and linkages with other input supplier networks and franchises in other parts of the world in particular neighboring countries.
The Senior Agro Systems Specialist will report to the Agriculture Value Chain Team Lead.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agro-business or related field. Master qualification will be an added advantage. At least 10 years of relevant work experience in agriculture sector preferably in Somalia.
- At least 5 years of experience in working in agriculture service delivery services, including input systems and/or financial services sector.
- Ability to work within a team of professional staff from diverse technical and cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent oral and written English and Somali Language skills;
- Honest and trustworthy;
- Ability to work independently and as part of team;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Word & Excel);
- Well-organized and able to perform effectively within tight deadlines;
- Hard-working, self-motivated and possessing a positive attitude;
- Ability to travel throughout Somalia;
- Ability to interact with various local organizations and government stakeholders on behalf of the project.
How to apply:
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements can submit updated CV and cover letter to Jobs@sogeel.org with subject line specifically indicating: Application for Senior Agro Inputs Systems Specialist – Mogadishu
Deadline by April 16th, 2018
- Posted by: somalijobs
- Company: Growth, Enterprise, Employment & Livelihoods (GEEL)
- Location: Anywhere
- State: Mogadishu
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Management/Leadership
- Tags: No Tags
925 total views, 2 today