Post Title: Social Worker
Duty Station: Hargeisa
Closing Date: 24th April 2018
SOS Children’s Villages Somaliland is a private, non-political welfare organization whose primary goal is to provide permanent homes and education to orphaned and abandoned children. A further goal is to contribute to community development through provision of social, medical and educational facilities with the aim of preparing our children for self-reliance as independent members of the community. Our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
SOS Children’s Villages Somaliland is seeking to recruit one Social Worker who will be working with the SOS Family Strengthening (FSP) in Hargeisa and performing thorough community work activities.
Key duties include:
- Assist in the development of strategies relating to the program
- Implement all activities within the FSP Hargeisa
- Propose measures for program strengthening especially of the support groups
- Prepare detailed annual plans, budgets, reports and planning schedules
- Conduct home visits to families assessed to verify further information given and also establish their economic status
- Using the selection criteria and with the help of the other social workers, select beneficiaries to be supported by the program
- Always maintain an up to date record of beneficiaries in terms of number of families, children, adults, youth and sex.
- Ensure that all records are well kept; maintain an excellent filing system in form of hard copies as well as in the computers.
- Develop and implement monitoring and evaluation systems
Qualities and Key competences:
- Knowledge on management of community based projects
- Knowledge of child rights and child protection
- Knowledge on gender related issues
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Leadership qualities and skills
A loving home for every child
- A keen listener, team builder and a great motivator with a capacity to live and work in a culturally diverse atmosphere.
- problem solving and good report writing skills
Qualification and Experience:
- First degree in Social Work, Community Development or Social Sciences.
- Diploma of Counseling and guidance.
- Full knowledge on Project Cycle Management
- Experience of business entrepreneurship will be major advantage
- Experience on community mobilization, awareness raising as well as working with children and women
- At least three years working experience as a social worker in INGOs.
- Excellent Report and Proposal writing skills
- Proficiency in Computer knowledge
- Experience and willingness to work in the field
How to apply: Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Indicate the position and location of the job in the subject title
Closing date is 24th April 2018.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
SOS Children’s Villages Somaliland is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and expects that every individual who joins the organizations understands his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children safe.
A loving home for every child