Armed Violence Reduction (AVR) Coordinator – LuuqPOSITION TITLE| XILKA LA RAADINAYO:
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
|Job title: Armed Violence Reduction (AVR) Coordinator|
|Employment category: Grade 3 Step 0
Reporting to: Armed Violence Reduction (AVR) Manager
Direct reports: Project Officers
|Unit/department: Programmes – DDG
Location: Luuq With Travel To Field Location
Authorization level: As per the IDRA
|Overall purpose of the role:
The Project Coordinator is responsible for the overall supervision and coordination of the project activities in the geographical location. S/he ensures that all relevant protocols and the guiding manuals for project implementation processes and results re achieved per the project logical framework. S/he is required to liaise with the AVR Manager and other senior members of staff for quality control and overall programming support as well as supervise project officers.
· Ensure that the staff members are following the relevant protocols and the guiding manuals for project implementation processes and results to be achieved as noted in the project’s logical framework.
· Create and sustain a work environment of mutual respect where DDG project team members strive to achieve excellence.
· Promote accountability, communicate expectations and provide constructive feedback via regular performance review and goal setting.
· Ensure local authority and other local partners are informed about the achievements of the project and work with the AVR Manager to ensure complementarities and synergies with similar indicatives.
· Ensure all the M&E requirements and standards described by the M&E team are followed and trained to the facilitators as well.
· Prepare annual, quarterly implementation plan stating activities with timeline and key outputs
· Build the capacity of the project staff through trainings especially on community dialogue facilitation, participatory planning and state-community engagement in coordination with the AVR Manager and the Regional AVR Specialist.
· Liaise with the existing community structures including, social structures and the local authorities promoting collective actions in addressing common needs of the townspeople.
· Coordinate and organize extensive community dialogue and discussions among the community groups as well as between the community groups and state administrations through consultative meetings and engagement forums.
· Collect relevant data and information required for writing location specific conflict analysis to ensure project implementation follows conflict sensitive approach.
· Coordinate with the community structures in the carrying out community grants by providing technical guidance through which local community structures/taskforces and local administrations will be able to implement activities identified through government –community engagement.
· Coordinate gender mainstreaming activities
· Ensure the quality and accuracy of all documentation produced by the project team in the field.
· Check and sign all order request forms coming from the teams after having ensured that the items are necessary and money is available in the relevant budget lines
· Ensure that all financial procedures are adhered to, including rules for compensation for community members.
· Ensure that operational expenditure for the activities are in accordance with the budget allocated.
· Exercise due diligence in the care and maintenance of all assigned equipment, including computers and communication equipment
· Produce monthly cash forecast for the project activities and other operational cost.
· Any other tasks assigned by the AVR Manager.
|Experience and technical competencies:
· Minimum of 2 years working experience with humanitarian international NGOs or operational UN agencies
· Minimum of 1 year field experience in conflict affected areas in Somalia
· Preferably experience in the areas of conflict resolution, security governance and/or community based programming
· Leadership skills, including ability to build and motivate a team and willingness to deal with conflicts constructively
· Political and cultural sensitivity, including ability to adapt well to local cultures.
· Proven ability to function well in an unstable and restricted environment
· Strong liaison, education and communication skills (oral and written)
· Ability to resist external pressures
· Innovative and creative thinking
· Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Management, Law, International Development, International Relations or other relevant subject.
· High degree of computer literacy
Find the definition of DRC’s Core competencies here
· Strong proficiency in English, both written and spoken English minimum level 4
· Fluency in written and spoken Somali
· DRC/DDGO CO, RO and HQ staff, as well as colleagues in DDG in other programmes
· Local government authorities
· Community beneficiaries
· Other NGOs operating in Dolow, Jubbaland State
|APPLICATION AND CV
Interested and qualified candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit their
applications which should include a 1-page cover letter clearly stating their motivation and qualifications and CV to
Jobs.email@example.com with the subject heading
” Armed Violence Reduction (AVR) Coordinator” not later than Tuesday 12 December 2017
ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the written test and interview–
(DRC is Equal Opportunity Employer)
|¨Basic: I master the essentials, but may at times need help from others
¨Advanced: I can work independently at full professional level.
¨Expert: I am the go-to person when others need help.
Availability December, 2017
Other terms of employment will be in accordance with DRC/DDG terms for National staff,
The position is open to Nationals ONLY.