Child Protection Assistant – KismayoPOSITION TITLE| XILKA LA RAADINAYO:
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
|JOB TITLE: Child Protection Assistant – Kismayo|
|TEAM/PROGRAMME: Child Protection||LOCATION: Kismayo|
The sole purpose of the caseworker position is to work on case management by working with the existing community based child protection structures in the project-targeted communities. Caseworkers will primarily identified children with protection needs and concerns and will provide appropriate response.
Duration of Contract: 6 Months (extension depending on funds availability)
Reporting To : Child protection & child right Governance Coordinator
|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
The following are key responsibilities and roles of the Case worker:-
· Inform the community of Save the Children’s intervention, as well as other child protection services available, including child friendly spaces
· Identify children in need of support, and report these to identified focal points in the community or to save the children focal point
· Identify children not accessing protection and education services and flag these to save the children’s focal point
· Conduct visits to project targeted communities locations including child friendly spaces, camp and non-camp locations to identify children in need of support (at least 3 days per week)
· Work with child protection officer to identify common themes on child protection that need awareness raising in the community
· Support community mobilisation team, to organise events for raising awareness on child protection
· Liaise with children and families to ensure that vulnerable cases are resolved in a swift and appropriate manner using appropriate child protection protocols.
· Provide information and advice on existing social services and how to access them.
· Work as a member of a team ensuring fluid communication of relevant information in order to make sure that a proper management of the case is preserved.
· Facilitate child welfare committees and parent groups meetings in the targeted camps in Kismayo,
· Identify foster care families for the separated and unaccompanied minors in the targeted camps in Kismayo.
· Work in close collaboration with the child protection and education staff to strengthen our relationship with the community and to strengthen the referral system and community based support system.
· Work with case management team to support/undertake referral of children to other services
· Work with communities and specifically the child protection committees (where existing) to identify and manage child protection cases within the community
· Facilitate, collect and report information regarding the overall situation of child protection risks, with particular attention on vulnerable/at-risk children
· Support identification of children not accessing services, including child friendly spaces, and work with team to help these children overcome the barriers of access
|SAVE THE CHILDREN COMPETENCY FRAMEWORK
Problem Solving And Decision Making(Skilled)
Working Effectively With Others(Skilled)
|QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
· Minimum Diploma in Community Development /social work, education in emergencies and Sociology.
· Experience working with children in child protection/social work including knowledge of para-social skills.
· Understanding of protection concerns for children and knowledge of community mobilisation techniques.
· Experience in community mobilisation and conducting outreach activities
Save the Children is committed to supporting performance based career progression for female employees. The following are additional benefits which applies to successful female candidates
• 14 weeks of maternity leave subject to certain length of service conditions
• Increased health and dependence allowance
• 30 days of annual leave excluding weekends [Fridays]
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply this position
|CHILD SAFEGUARDING POLICY: Any employee, consultant, contractor or the supplier undertaking an activity on behalf of SCI must sign theChild Safeguarding – Declaration of Acceptance Form] and comply with the SCI’s Child Safeguarding Policy which is a statement of SCI’s commitment to preventing abuse and protecting children with whom it comes into contact.
This extends not only to children with whom SCI and its partners work directly, but also includes children whom staffs are responsible for. SCI believes that the situation of children must be improved through the promotion of their rights supported and demonstrated by all members of staff. Save the Children International’s Code of Conduct sets out the standards which all staff members must adhere to.
|CODE OF CONDUCT
Because Save the Children’s work is based on deeply held values and principles, it is essential that our commitment to children’s rights and humanitarian principles is supported and demonstrated by all members of staff. Save the Children’s Code of Conduct sets out the standards which all staff members must adhere to.
Declaration of commitment:
I ……………………………………………………………………………………………………………. understand and agree to undertake my responsibility in accordance with the above listed accountabilities/activities and also abide the terms and conditions of the contract
All interested candidate are encouraged to forward their CVs and applications to the Email: Mogadishu.email@example.com
The closing date is on: 19th January 2018
|Date of issue: 9th Dec 2017 Author: SCI|