Consultant to develop Local Government Financial Management ManualPOSITION TITLE| XILKA LA RAADINAYO:
JUBBALAND STATE OF SOMALIA
MINISTRY OF INTERIOR
CONSULTANT TO DEVELOP LOCAL GOVERNMENT FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT MANUAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
|I. General Information|
II. Organizational Context
|Ministry of Interior, Jubbaland State of Somalia is the major governmental institution leading the local governance initiatives in the state. It coordinates the different activities of the agencies within JPLG and beyond. The ministry has also a constitutional mandate in overseeing the functions and performance of the local governments. It is mandated to create an appropriate atmosphere within which local governments can flourish.
Ministry of Interior, Jubbaland State of Somalia, in collaboration with UN JPLG, precisely with UN-Habitat is trying to put in place a comprehensive Local Government Financial Management Manual to guide the finance-related functions of the local governments. The manual, among others, will shed light revenue generation, budgeting process, expenditure management, procurement processes; internal control mechanism, debt and credit management, asset management and financial reporting.
In this context, Ministry of Interior of Jubbaland intends to recruit a local consultant to assist in developing Local Government Financial Management Manual. The consultant will report to the Director General of Ministry of Interior.
II. Objectives of the assignment
III. Duties and Responsibilities
|· Review the constitution, existing laws and regulatory framework on financial management in Jubbaland State with a focus on sub-national structures;
· Review the relevant captions of Local Government Law of Jubbaland State of Somalia;
· Consult and liaise with staff at Ministry of Interior and Kismayo local government in Jubbaland State of Somalia;
· Develop a comprehensive Local Government Financial Management that is in line with the Federal Government Standards and Public Financial Management best practices;
· The Local Government Financial Management Manual should cover procedures of revenue generation, recording, expenditure management, budget preparation and exaction, internal control mechanisms, debt and credit management processes, asset management and financial reporting;
· The consultant shall submit the Local Government Financial Management to Ministry of Interior, Jubbaland State of Somalia;
· The consultant shall present the Local Government Financial Management manual to the participants of a review workshop;
· The consultant shall incorporate comments and feedback from the workshop participants in to the manual;
· The consultant shall submit the final version of the Local Government Financial Management Manual to Ministry of Interior;
|The consultant will deliver the following results during the contract period:
|V: Qualifications and Competencies|
|I. Level of Education:
MA in business administration, finance, Public financial management, or finance and accounting
II. Work Experience:
At least five (5) years of relevant experience in finance and financial management manual drafting.
III. Languages needed:
Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Somali
IV. General Skills / Other Requirements:
1. Excellent communication and presentation skills, analytical and interpersonal abilities;
2. Ability to operate as part of a team, but also independently;
3. Ability to identify innovative approaches to problems in a challenging environment;
4. Computer proficiency with high level of familiarity with commonly used packages like MS office;
5. Ability to work under pressure
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
Please send your curriculum vitae to the ministry’s office in Kismayo through this E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org before 26th of September 2017 with subject line LG Financial Management Manual Developer Consultant will only be able to respond to those applications in which there is further interest. the late of the above date is not applicable
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.