Director General (MINISTRY OF JUSTICE & JUDICIARY)POSITION TITLE| XILKA LA RAADINAYO:
SOUTHWEST STATE OF SOMALIA
MINISTRY OF JUSTICE & JUDICIARY
|Job Title:||Director General|
|Ministry/Employing Authority:||MINISTRY OF JUSTICE & JUDICIARY|
|Reporting to:||Minister/Deputy Minister|
|Working Hours:||36 hours per week|
|Location:||Baidoa, Southwest State|
- .Purpose of the position
The Director General (s) is the Managerial and Administrative Head of the Ministry and
Controlling Manager. The Office of the Director General will be responsible in directing and
Coordinating the activities of the Ministry. She/he performs the policy setting role while the
Functional Heads of Department are responsible for executing the technical aspects of the
Directors-General is required to build a culture that is based on professionalism, respect and
Integrity to ensure a free conducive working environment. They acknowledge the responsibilities of Ministers and support managers to make evidence-based decisions. They build a careerStructure for the civil service that is free from nepotism and patronage and that is seen to beBased on merit. Directors will create and maintain stakeholder’s confidence that their leadershipfosters and promotes ethical decision making, and act truthfully, fairly and in the public interest.
2.Role and Responsibilities:
The Director-General is the leader of the entire Ministry department, with portfolio oversight,
And not limited to will carry the following responsibility:
- Exercising supervision over the Ministerial Departments for which the Minister/ Deputy
Minister are politically responsible;
- Keeping the Minister and Deputy Minister informed of the progress made in translating
policy decision into actions;
- Advising the Minister and Deputy Minister on all questions of policy which are withinthe scope of the Ministry’s responsibility;
- Establishing and implementing government policies, strategies and programs related toadministration, good governance, and its implementation.
- Monitoring and executing the Ministry budget and that of the institutions undersupervision of the Minister/Deputy Minister.
- ensuring that decisions on these policies are transmitted to proper institutions forexecution;
- Provide informed, evidence based advice to government;
- Implement the Government’s policies, programs and priorities;
- Deliver high quality, innovative, value-added policies and services;
- Exercise sound judgment and risk management practices in decision making;
- Drive effective, efficient and appropriate use of public resources;
- Develop a workforce and leadership practices that build a constructive culture with a
focus on performance, capability building and personal accountability and nurturing of
- Maximize competitive advantage of a diverse and inclusive workforce;
- Create collaborations and build quality partnerships;
- Partner with all sectors to optimize departmental performance;
- Any other duties assigned by the top management.
- Master or BSc/BA in public administration.
- Have at least four (4) years relevant professional experience, two (2) years of which
Should have been in a leadership position or at a top management level in the Public
Service or Private Sector
Experience and skills required
- proven managerial skills and experience;
- Demonstrable experience in developing strategic and business plans;
- Strong understanding of government financial management and measures of
- Sound knowledge with best management practices;
- excellent organizational and leadership skills;
- Excellentcommunication, interpersonal and presentation skills;
- outstanding analytical and problem solving skills;
How to Apply
- Please click this link and download the form: Application Form after filling this form, confidential application can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 24,September 2017 and please attach only the form you filled.
Note: Write the title of the position on the subject of your Email.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged.