Finance and Administration Director
Education for Development Division
Position Location: Mogadishu, Somalia
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Project Description: Creative Associates International (Creative) is seeking a Finance and Administration Director for the anticipated USAID funded education project in Somalia.
Project Duration: 5 years
Position Summary: The Finance and Administration Director provides overall financial management and administration oversight for the project.
Reporting & Supervision: The Finance and Administration Director will report to the Project’s Chief of Party.
- Establish and maintain financial management and accounting control systems for program expenditures.
- Ensure that the project meets all donor contractual requirements and complies with donor policies and regulations.
- Liaise between Creative Associates’ field and headquarters offices.
- Participate in ongoing analysis, forecasting and review of project expenses.
- Participate in budget planning and realignments as required.
- Track the transfer of funds between headquarters and the field office, and manage accounting and finance records of in-country expenses, including developing spreadsheet programs for tracking and monitoring all financial project activities, and maintaining spreadsheets with current project expense data.
- Work closely with field-based subcontractors to ensure budgets, projections, and invoices are completed according to Creative/USAID policies and procedures.
- Manage personnel and payroll office staff and procedures.
- Maintain project financial and contractual files.
- Develop financial procedures manual.
- Provide financial management and systems training for project staff.
- Prepare the requisite financial documents and vouchers.
- Draft quarterly and annual financial reports on financial status of project expenses and budget information.
- Ensure monthly field expense reports.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
A minimum of 10 years of experience working in senior financial management positions.
Strong knowledge of USAID rules and regulations.
Master’s degree in a finance‐related field; an additional 2 years of experience may be accepted in lieu of a master’s degree
Prior work in the East Africa region is highly desirable.
Fluency in English.
Please note only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Position requires Fitness for Duty to travel to most Field locations.