Finance Manager – HargeisaPOSITION TITLE| XILKA LA RAADINAYO:
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Post Title: Finance Manager
Closing Date: 14th December 2017
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization to which all SOS Children’s Villages including SOS Children’s Villages Somaliland Association is affiliated. We are committed to the welfare of children – often throughout the whole of their childhood, and to strengthening families and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against abandonment and social neglect. We also run education and health facilities. With the SOS Children’s Village concept, the organization pioneered a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children. SOS Children’s Villages upholds child protection policy and our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children and youth from abuse.
SOS Children’s Villages Somaliland is seeking to recruit several positions all to be based in Hargeisa, Somaliland.
The Finance Manager is responsible for the sound financial management of the National Coordination Office and reporting entities, ensuring that regional and international financial standards, procedures and reporting requirements are fulfilled, and that the organisation’s financial resources are correctly and transparently utilised. The incumbent ensures full and accurate recordkeeping, provides monthly and annual financial statements, maintains detailed cash and bank registers, prepares all payments and salaries, and performs a variety of additional administrative tasks. The Head of Finance reports to the National Director and receives technical support and direction from the International Branch Office in Nairobi,
- Ensures the sound financial management of all programs in the country
- Heads the preparation of the annual budget with support from the Accountant, ensuring that sufficient financial resources are available to support the organisation’s plans and activities.
- Manages the organisation’s cash flow by preparing an annual cash-flow projection and requesting subsidy transfers as necessary.
- Monitors expenditures against budget and advises the National Director of material variances
- Manages the Organisation’s payments and procurements
- Records all payments to the Navision Accounting System, and submits statements on a monthly and annual basis.
- Administers the project payroll and prepares salary cheques. Ensures correct payment of income tax and other statutory deductions.
- loving home for every child
- Submits a projected ‘Income and Expense Form’ and requests regular transfers to ensure sufficient running cost funds are received for the Project.
- Manages the procurement of all capital items, ensuring correct procurement procedures are followed.
- Ensures that Financial Resources are Appropriately Utilised
- Manages Income for all programs
- Ensures that both internal and external audits are conducted for all programs
- Master in Accounting/Finance/Management
- CPA/ACCA qualified (part 2 minimum) would be an added advantage.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a busy environment (preferably with an NGO).
- The candidate must be self-motivated, innovative with new ideas and a team player.
- The successful candidate may be required to travel from time to time.
Qualities and Key competences:
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills; ability to exercise good judgment,
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Good reporting skills
- Knowledge of Child protection
- Team player
- Fluency in English
- Computer skills (common Microsoft Windows and Office applications)
- Knowledge of Somali language spoken and written is a requirement
How to apply: Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date is 14th December 2017.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- loving home for every child