Finance Systems & Process SpecialistPOSITION TITLE| XILKA LA RAADINAYO:
|Title: Finance Systems & Process Specialist
|Location: Mogadishu, (with regional travel within Somalia/ Somaliland)||Duration: 1 year (Renewable)
Job Grade: 9/K
Growth, Enterprise, Employment & Livelihoods (GEEL) is 5-year USAID-funded project designed to promote and facilitate inclusive economic growth in Puntland, Somaliland and other existing and emerging federal states. The project is currently focusing on the agricultural sector (dairy, fisheries, sesame & banana) but is anticipated to expand in the future into other sectors of the economy. It will also seek to strengthen the business enabling environment through improving access to finance, policy and regulation, and business development services. Particular focus will be given to increase the participation of women and youth in the economy as entrepreneurs, employers, and employees.
The Finance Systems and Processes Specialist will be responsible for assisting businesses to put in place and improve finance systems and processes which will support investment applications and effective ongoing management.
General Responsibilities for Finance Systems Processes:
The Finance Systems and Processes Specialist will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Support business to put in place and improve financial systems and processes;
- Support business to produce and maintain financial accounts and reports;
- Support finance and Investment Advisors to prepare financial and business plans and investment applications.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Finance Manager or Operations Manager
The Finance Systems and Processes Specialist will report to the Finance and Investment Director.
- Degree in finance, accounting or other relevant discipline from an accredited university, or diploma from accredited professional accounting institute.
- 3+ years of direct accounting management experience with overall responsibility for setting up and maintaining finance systems and processes;
- Experience of providing consultancy and/or training to businesses to set up and maintain finance systems and processes.
- Knowledge of businesses and the business environment in Somalia and experience of working with Somali businesses.
- Ability to work within multi-national teams and well-honed representational skills including strong verbal and written communication capabilities;
- A proven ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of business people from owners and managers to accounting and systems staff;
- Ability to work with computerized finance systems;
- Ability to work independently and effectively within tight deadlines;
- Able to travel to rural field sites for work purposes;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Somali required.
Expectations for Support
He/she is expected to work during normal business hours though there may be some occasions where his/her supervision and/or assistance will be needed outside of work hours. To the greatest extent possible this need will be communicated to him/her in advance and personal obligations will be respected and honored as much as possible. Flexibility and willingness to help meet critical project timelines and deliverables is considered important.
How to apply:
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements can submit updated CV and cover letter to Jobs@sogeel.org with subject line specifically indicating location: Application for Finance Systems & Processes Specialist – Mogadishu
Deadline by 18th January 2018Advertisement
- Posted by: Somali Jobs
- Company: Growth, Enterprise, Employment & Livelihoods (GEEL)
- Location: Anywhere
- City: Mogadishu
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Management & Leadership
- Tags: No Tags
- Job expires in: 1 day
1811 total views, 26 today