Food Security and Livelihood Coordinator – DollowPOSITION TITLE| XILKA LA RAADINAYO:
|Food Security and Livelihood Coordinator|
|Employment category:Grade 4
Reporting to:Program Coordinator, with technical support from Country Agro/Cash technical coordinator, Resilience Team Leader and FSL Manager.
Direct reports:Agronomist Officer, Micro-Small Enterprise officer and other livelihood project staffs.
Location:Dollow (with frequent travel on project sites)
Authorization level:As per DRC IDRA.
Advert No :DRC-2018/002
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organization which has been operating in Somalia since 1997. DRC has mainly focused on Somalis who are displaced by conflict and natural disaster. DRC programs include Protection, Food security & Livelihoods, Shelter/NFI and Water & Sanitation.
|ABOUT THE JOB
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Somalia Programmeis seeking for a Somali national Food Security and Livelihood Coordinatorwho will be based in Gedo with regular field visits as part of the DRC portfolio in Gedo region. The FSL Coordinator will work closely with the SomRep-VLRP team leader and Area Program Coordinator in Gedo region to review and improve existing programs and identify opportunities for new and innovative program. The position will report to the program coordinator in Gedo and lower juba while s/he will closely work with SomRep Team leader.
|The overall responsibilities
· Responsible for all Livelihood activities in the DRC Gedo and Lower Juba, Dollow, Luuq, offices.
· Focal point for all SomRep related programmes to ensure best practices and optimum results;
· Focal point for all Livelihood program in Dollow, south central.
· Prepare the weekly project work plan projections and submit to area program coordinator.
· Ensure timely coordination of activities as per the SomRep annual work plan.
· Review of existing SomRep guidelines and development of new guidelines where necessary;
· Participate in all Livelihood proposal writing, and reporting and ensure that lessons learned are fed into the design of livelihoods programs and donor responses in coordination with other staff members;
· Undertake frequent field visits to project sites to ensure that activities are carried out in accordance to work plan and technical requirements.
· Support liaison with local authorities and national authorities as well as communities;
· Ensure all the livelihood related programming adhere to HAP &M&E guidelines;
· Strategy development and development of future interventions related to livelihood programming.
· Represent DRC Somalia in technical SomRep meetings like The FSC in Gedo.
· Coordinate, supervise and manage the project staff to achieve project deliverables both effectively and efficiently.
· Oversee business development skills and numeracy/literacy skills trainings among selected target groups in the region.
· Oversee the field implementation of Village Savings and Loaning (VS&L) activities in host and IDP communities with emphasis on promoting group development through support, coaching, mentoring, regular feedback and identification of investment needs and opportunities.
· Take a leading role in mainstreaming Value chain, VSL and Market linkages in the livelihoods sector
· Meet with partners and donor agencies during field visits
· Develop and maintain strong working relationships with all stakeholders – Community support groups, community leaders, INGOs/LGOs, to enhance multi-agency and multi-sectoral cooperation and coordination.
· Manage the program budgets in order to maintain Programme expenditure within budget parameters, ensuring adherence to DRC financial procedures and donor requirements
· Support project staffs to utilize financial planning tools, such as spending plans, procurement plans, and work plans based on activities and budgets.
· Liaise closely with finances officer and Head of Programmes.
· Hold regular meetings with staff to plan and address any concerns and share feedback
· Focal point for all agriculture/Cash related programs to ensure best practices and optimum results;
· Prepare the Monthly food security cluster reports and submit by 5th of every month.
|Required qualifications and experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in agriculture, rural development, economics and other relevant Social Science
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior programmatic capacity with food security, Programming, and livelihood and/or disaster risk reduction (namely drought) programs with international NGOs.
· Experience with implementation of projects related to GROW. Demonstrated experience in assessment and M&E, and integration of FSL initiatives with other sectors.
· Knowledge and experience in participatory approaches and tools.
· Extensive operational knowledge of donor guidelines and procedures (logical frameworks, proposal development and report writing).
· Experience in capacity building of national staff and communities.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
· Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
· Collaborating: You are a strong networker and enjoy working with many different types of stakeholders, you involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
· Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while balancing the role of advisor and taking leadership
· Communicating: You write and speak effectively and honestly and display political and cultural sensitivity, including ability to adapt well to local cultures
· Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
|TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Other terms of employment will be in accordance with DRC terms for National staff,
The position is open to Nationals ONLY.
Interested & qualified candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit their updated CVand a 1-page Cover letter clearly stating their motivation and why they are suited for the post to email@example.com the subject heading “Food Security and Livelihood Coordinator – Dollow” not later than 17th Jan 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the written test & oral interview.
(DRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer)