HEALTH FIELD OFFICER – BAIDOAPOSITION TITLE| XILKA LA RAADINAYO:
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
International Committee of the Red Cross ICRC Somalia Delegation
E-mail address: email@example.com
WE ARE HIRING!
HEALTH FIELD OFFICER – BAIDOA
The Health Field Officer (HFO) is responsible for the health assessment and programs in the Area of Responsibility and more specifically for Baidoa General Hospital. Under the supervision of the departmental head the HFO develops the hospital programs and the response to emergencies. He/she plans, organizes and monitors the implementation of the programs in accordance with organizational objectives.
- Participates in the development, implementation and monitoring of the Hospital programs, evaluating their impact and making recommendations;
- Understands and adheres to the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) written between the ICRC and the hospital authorities;
- Ensures ICRC protocols and guidelines are implemented and adhered to in all ICRC supported surgical departments as well as in the isolation units and emergency response areas;
- Makes daily visits to the hospital and works in coordination with the different departmental supervisors and the hospital management team;
- Follows up the on pharmacy inventories, the formulation of the logistics orders, and the required process for the replenishment of medical stock at hospital level on a monthly basis;
- Contributes to data collection and activities analysis on a weekly/monthly basis and reports on the progress of the programme independently;
- Maintains contacts with interlocutors / authorities at the regional level;
- Contributes to the quarterly health report as well to the annual planning exercise of the department.
- University Degree in Medicine or Bachelor of Nursing qualification with sound knowledge on surgical hospital care, hospital management, trauma management, nursing care, hygiene management and drug/pharmacy management;
- At least 4 years work experience in a similar field (Experience in emergency response will be an added bonus);
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Somali;
- Team leadership skills and ability to work independently;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Good knowledge of the Political, Social and Cultural affairs of the assigned environment;
- Flexibility and willingness to travel extensively in Somalia and to spend some periods in the field;
- Proficiency in MS Office suite.
A dynamic and challenging work environment in the humanitarian and international environment; Training and development opportunities;
A monthly gross salary of USD1452 plus secondary benefits based on the ICRC Somalia Compensation and Benefits framework;
Apply by sending your cover letter and CV addressed to the Human Resources Manager, ICRC Somalia Delegation, on the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter must state your current salary. The closing date is 12th January 2018. Please indicate the position title in the subject line of your email message.
NOTE THAT ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Any enquiries about the position should be addressed to email@example.com.Advertisement