Health Program ManagerPOSITION TITLE| XILKA LA RAADINAYO:
JOB DESCRIPTION: Health Program Manager
BOSASO, PUNTLAND STATE OF SOMALIA
- Context of the mission
Médecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is: to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations when they are faced with crisis or exclusion from society, the world over, including France, to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care. The goal of MdM in Somalia is to offer health care services to the civilian populations in Bosaso, Puntland.
MdM strategy programs are implemented jointly with a local partner, Integrated Services for Displaced People (ISDP) and Ministry of Health (MoH) representative in Bosaso. MdM supports the MoH and the local partner on the technical, administrative, logistics and monitoring side. This project aims at providing quality Maternal and Children health services to IDPs and host population in Bosaso.
The main purpose of our intervention in Bosaso District is focused around the following:
- Increasing the access of the Bosaso population (IDPs and Host Population) to the referral hospital and the health facilities
- Sustain and integrate the quality EPHS and Reproductive services MdM supported health facilities
- GBV survivors have access to sustainable and adapted services in health facilities
- Strengthening the community’s ownership and mechanisms on RH/GBV and EPHS
- Strengthening ISDP as an efficient and relevant and autonomous organization
- Increasing the access of the Bosaso population (IDPs and Host Population) to HP and Health centre services;
- Improving the coordination and the capacity building of the local stakeholders involved in Health Promotion.
Duration of the position: 12 months starting from January 2018 and contingent on funding.
- The Health Program Manager will be based in (Bosaso) with occasional visits to Nairobi / Garowe. (depending on the context and needs).
- He/she contributes to the smooth implementation of health care services in our supported facilities .
- He/ She will provide technical Support to MdM medical staff, ISDP staff and MOH staffs in Bosaso and ensure that that quality medical quality is maintained in accordance with guidelines and protocols.
- He/she will be in charge of the coaching of the MOH and ISDP medical staffs, provide supportive supervision of the medical aspect our projects in Bosaso
- Key duties
- Insure smooth implementation of the project according to project proposals.
- Plan activities to achieve the project objectives
- Support Local Partner to achieve the project objectives
- Support to the MoH Supervisor and ISDP Supervisor
- Support MoH facilities staff in accordance with MoH guidelines and MdM rules and regulations
- Make sure daily monitoring of activities
- Facilitate SRH and other training related to primary health care
- Support daily, weekly supervision and coaching of district health team
- Provide guidance to the health facility staff to ensure that the quality of the programs.
- Produce weekly, monthly, quarterly and contribute to the yearly reports and submit them to the deputy program Coordinator
- Conduct on-job training for the MOH and ISDP staff
- Ensure that International/National medical Protocol/guidelines are followed by the health staff.
- Ensure that the data collection and reporting is done effieciently.
- AOB any other duties assigned by the deputy program coordinator
- Ensure the implementation of the program and its follow-up in its different aspects: technical and supervision in co-ordination with the log-admin department, the logistics chain and installation of the medical material on site
- To continuously assess the needs & adjust the programmes accordingly in collaboration with the Deputy Program Coordinator and the Medical coordinator.
- Schedule regular site visits for monitoring and supervision where possible to ensure quality of services, accurate data collection and verify consumption rates of pharmaceuticals and supplies
- Regularly update training schedule and ensure trainings are conducted as proposed to the donors
- Ensure that all grant required activities, indicators and objectives are successfully met within the project timeframe and allocated budget
- Work with team on timely procurement and delivery of required commodities to avoid stock-outs
- Work with finance, logistics, HR/admin and security to ensure smooth implementation of project activities
- Support ISDP and MoH on: recruitment, training, evaluation and follow-up in collaboration with the Deputy and the Program Coordinator.
- Coordination with the main National/International NGOs operating in the area
- In charge of the formal and informal reporting of activities to local partners and authorities in during the Deputy Program Coordinator absence.
- To elaborate weekly, monthly timely activities report and submit it to the Deputy Program Coordinator.
- With the Deputy Program Coordinator and the Program Coordinator, develop ideas/proposals for new activities in SRH
- Work with Deputy Program Coordinator closely to update project monitoring plans and discuss challenges/solutions
- Guide Deputy Program Coordinator on compiling SRH data
- Regularly analyse data in conjunction with SRH staff in order to build their skills in tracking reproductive health trends and developing appropriate responses.
- Review SRH section of the HMIS tools for any gaps in data collection and reporting
- Reporting of MdM activities to the Deputy Program Coordinator and the rest of the team as well as the Program Coordinator in their absence.
- To Contribute to proposals & reports (internal and external) writing
The activities may change based upon the situation.
III Hierarchical & Functional links
He/she work under the supervision to the Deputy Program Coordinator, and based in Bosaso and should be aware and supportive of MdM specific decision-making process.
- General Coordinator
- Medical Coordinator
- Administrative Coordinator
- Program Coordinator
- Logistics Officers
- Logistic Assistant
- Administrative Officers
- Medical Supervisor
- Nutrition Program Manager
- Deputy Program Manager
- Logistics Manager
- Admin Manager
- Admin/Logistic assistant
- Experience, skill required and Competencies
- A degree in Midwife, and Community registered nurse or Healthcare management.
- At least 5 years’ proven experiences in implementing Primary health care or Reproductive Health Programs.
- Must be able to provide hands on technical support to health providers
- Must be able to analyze and interpret data and to track performance against program indicators
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English; knowledge of Somali preferred
- Must be skilled in Microsoft Office
- Must have excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a dynamic environment
- Competent in Training facilitation skills
- Knowing of Somalia context is preferable and experience in post emergency and post recovery programme in developing country.
- Ability to work to under pressure and tight deadlines, with minimal supervision.
If you believe you are the ideal candidates we are looking for, please submit your application with a CV and a cover letter to the following email address email@example.com with the title: Program Coordinator-Somali, Closing date is 22nd December 2017. Only shortlisted applicant will be contacted.
No application will be considered after the closing date as well as any application received by phone or in our office.