Health, Safety And Environment Supervisor – DP World BerberaPOSITION TITLE| XILKA LA RAADINAYO:
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
VAC4074 – Health, Safety And Environment Supervisor – DP World Berbera
 is a leading enabler of global trade and an integral part of the supply chain.DP World
We operate multiple yet related businesses – from marine and inland terminals, maritime services, logistics and ancillary services to technology-driven trade solutions.
We have a portfolio of 78 operating marine and inland terminals supported by over 50 related businesses in 40 countries across six continents with a significant presence in both high-growth and mature markets. We aim to be essential to the bright future of global trade, ensuring everything we do has a long-lasting positive impact on economies and society.
Our dedicated team of over 36,500 employees from 103 countries cultivates long-standing relationships with governments, shipping lines, importers and exporters, communities, and many other important constituents of the global supply chain, to add value and provide quality services today and tomorrow.
Container handling is the company’s core business and generates more than three quarters of its revenue. In 2016, DP World handled around 64 million TEU (twenty-foot equivalent units) across our portfolio. With its committed pipeline of developments and expansions, the current gross capacity of 84.6 million TEU is expected to rise to more than 100 million TEU by 2020, in line with market demand.
By thinking ahead, foreseeing change and innovating we aim to create the most productive, efficient and safe trade solutions globally.
 As of April 2017
DP World Berbera is currently looking to recruit Health, Safety and Environment Supervisor (HSE) to be based in Berbera – Somaliland;
The individual assigned to this position will follow up all the day to day health safety activities in Sokhna and follow the applications of all health and safety procedures in place making sure that all are aligned with DP World Health, Safety and Environment policy;
This position reports to the DP World Health, Safety and Environment Head of Section.
- Develop, implement and monitor Occupational Health, Safety and Environment Policy, Programs, and Procedures.
- Ensures adherence of permit to work (PTW) and other safe work practices in his/her assigned area
- Carry out safety inspections of Contractors and sub-contractors facilities in place.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position
- Ensuring that all site activities are conducted in compliance with HSE Policy and Procedures.
- Ensuring that all site activities are conducted in compliance with all applicable statutory codes, standards and/or regulations.
- Ensuring that risks in the work environment are maintained at a level which is as low as reasonably practicable.
- Conducting and/or participating in Risk Assessment and Hazard Analysis and evaluations audits.
- Conducting Incident Investigations and reports.
- Organizing and/or providing internal HSE training (if needed).
- Developing Procedures and Work Instructions (as per our internal capabilities)
- Monitoring HAZMAT (Hazardous Materials) on site as per IMDG recommendations.
- Reviewing HSE Procedures for adequacy and accuracy
- Conducting physical inspections of worksite.
- HSSE Audit/ISO Surveillance coordination
- Maintenance of departmental documentation.
- Maintaining of HSSE Statistics
- Minimum a Diploma in HSE
- Preferably a certified safety professional and an accredited safety auditor from an internationally recognized Institute or Association.
- Must possess over 3 years of experience in all aspects of Safety & Environment, and Fire Prevention related activities within the high hazard industries.
- Excellent English
- Somali Speakers is an advabtage
- Strong communication skills include the ability of influencing others
- Experienced user of Microsoft office [Excel – Word – PowerPoint –outlook].
Dubai, UAE :DP World, Ltd. (DP World) alerts job applicants and the public about a fraudulent scheme in which DP World has been impersonated.
- Impersonate DP World;
- Impersonate DP World employees;
- Conduct “job interviews” via text message, telephone, e-mail, and/or instant message (including Google Hangout) communications for work-from-home positions;
- “Hire” employees to join DP World;
- Provide the “employees” with funds to buy home-office equipment and pay DP World “vendors” via fraudulent checks and money orders; and
- Instruct the “employees” via e-mail, text message, telephone, or instant message to deposit the checks into their personal bank accounts and wire or cash transfer some portion of the funds to “vendors,” which are actually the scammers.
- DP World is not expanding its operations in the United States in the next 3-6 months (as the scammers allege);
- DP World’s operations in the United States are currently limited to Charlotte, North Carolina and are not expanding to any other locations for the foreseeable future;
- DP World does not solicit potential employees via text message or instant messaging;
- DP World does not interview employees by text message, e-mail, or instant messaging (including Google Hangouts);
- DP World does not issue payment to its employees, prospective or otherwise, via paper check or money order;
- DP World does not require employees to buy their own office equipment or personally pay vendors; and
- The scammers have fraudulently used the name of DP World and its employees without authority and for malicious purposes.
One of the red flags that distinguishes a false communication from a legitimate DP World communication is the poor grammatical use of the English language, which is apparent in conversations with the scammers. Another red flag is the method of communication as DP World does not use commercially-available e-mail providers. No legitimate DP World communication would come from a common, publicly-available email service like Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo Mail or Microsoft Outlook.
Further, false communications can also be identified by the tasks requested by the scammers. DP World does not request that its employees pay vendors personally, whether from their own funds or from funds provided by DP World. Likewise, DP World would never ask an employee to cash a check or money order and then make a deposit into a vendor’s account.
Contacted individuals should not respond to any communication regarding the scam, and under no circumstances should any individual deposit any checks, money orders, or other payments from the scammers into their bank accounts. If such funds are for some reason deposited, no payments should be made from those funds for at least seven (7) days after the funds are deposited to ensure the individual’s bank has accepted the check, money order, or other payment.
DP World encourages potential employees to refer to its website and its “Careers” section if they are seeking employment with DP World.
If you have any concerns about the authenticity of any correspondence or documents that purport to be issued by DP World, you should direct your concerns to DP World at HO.Recruitment@dpworld.com.