Kindergarten head teacherPOSITION TITLE| XILKA LA RAADINAYO:
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT (Re-advert)
Title: Kindergarten head teacher
Location: Hargeisa, Somaliland.
Application Deadline: 13th January 2018.
KG HEAD TEACHER
SOS Children’s Villages is an International social development organisation focusing on the care and support of orphans and vulnerable children. We support families and communities to build their capacity to protect and care for their children through our Family Strengthening Programmes. Where children have already lost the care of their biological family, we offer long-term family-based care through our SOS Children’s Villages. In these ways, we support orphans and vulnerable children to be able to grow in a caring family environment. SOS upholds the rights of children and youth and works towards protecting their rights.
SOS Children’s Villages Somaliland is a member association of SOS Children’s Villages International, an umbrella organisation of more than 132 affiliated national SOS Children’s Village associations worldwide. SOS Children’s Villages is a non-governmental and non-denominational child-focused organisation that provides care services for children at risk of losing parental care, and those who have lost parental care.
SOS Children’s Villages Somaliland is seeking to recruit a KG Head teacher who will be responsible for the day to day management of SOS KG Hargeisa.
The Kindergarten Head Teacher oversees all activities within the Kindergarten in order to achieve the highest level of education possible. He or she creates a stimulating learning environment by introducing new, creative teaching methods, and by providing a varied, challenging and balanced educational programme. The Head Teacher also acts as the overall administrative head of the Kindergarten, supervising the daily work of all staff and overseeing admissions, fee collection, and general matters.
The Main Roles and Responsibility:
- Reviews children’s classes on a rotating basis in order to monitor each Educator’s performance and educational approach.
A loving home for every child
- Supervises the admission of all children to the Kindergarten
- Prepares an Annual budget for the Kindergarten
- Ensures the proper financial management of the Kindergarten, and adherence to the financial and administrative regulations of the Association and SOS Children’s Villages
- Ensures proper records are maintained regarding Kindergarten books, stationary, furniture and equipment. Ensures all stores are kept in a neat and orderly condition.
- Ensures the educational needs of each child are addressed through continuous Monitoring and reviewing of each child’s progress.
- Maintains a petty cash float and ensures this is adequately funded at all times.
- Collects and records Kindergarten fees. Follows-up regarding late payments.
- Purchases all Kindergarten stationary, cleaning materials, equipment, food for the kitchen, and other consumable supplies.
- Makes sure the children are properly supervised at all times, and that educators comply with safety regulations and proper child-care procedures.
- Updates the Kindergarten fixed asset register as assets are acquired
- Takes prompt action in the event of an accident, and reports any accidents or signs of ill-health to the parent or guardian concerned.
Qualification and Experience:
- Degree or diploma in education or other related fields.
- Minimum of 3 years direct experience in managing KG
- Oral and written fluency in English, Arabic and Somali;
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team player
- Strong knowledge on child rights and child protection
- Good reporting skills.
How to apply: Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees on or before 13th January 2018 to: email@example.com and indicate (KG head teacher) in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
A loving home for every childAdvertisement