Legal AdvisorPOSITION TITLE| XILKA LA RAADINAYO:
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
HEAD OFFICE, GAROWE
|Job title:||Legal Advisor|
|Key relationships:||Commissioners, Technical Advisors, TPEC staff, Puntland Parliament and Ministry of Interior and local governments|
|Contract duration:||Fixed term contract|
Description of TPEC:
The Transitional Puntland Electoral Commission is responsible for the electoral process in Puntland. From the preparation of the elections, registration and management of political parties, and the delimitation of polling stations, as well as other electoral matters.
Under the supervision of the Chair and the Deputy Chair of Puntland’s Transitional Electoral Commission (TPEC), the advisor will assist the TPEC in legal matters and activities.
The Legal Advisor will deliver results in the following areas:
• Support to the TPEC on providing legal input on the development of the electoral legal framework in Puntland; in particular but not limited: the Electoral Law, the Political Parties Law, the Citizenship Law and other related bills;
• Provide legal assistance as required during the upcoming electoral processes, in particular providing legal analysis during political association registration.
• Establish, based on needs assessment and requests, a calendar of briefings on legal matters to stakeholders of the electoral process
• Advise the TPEC on potential inconsistencies / contradictions in the legal framework between the various legal texts organizing the electoral process
• Assist the TPEC in developing the internal regulations, procedures and codes of conduct for electoral processes;
• Ensure gender elements are incorporated in legal analyses and internal electoral regulations, procedures and codes of conduct to enhance women’s participation in electoral processes;
• Act as liaison between TPEC and Ministry of Interior and Local Governments to contribute to the preparation of manual of procedures and related training materials by TPEC to be used for the preparation of TPEC staff, polling staff, Government officials, civil society members and other stakeholders;
• Assist the TPEC in liaison and coordination on electoral matters with stakeholders to avoid overlapping and ensure consistency in technical assistance provided to different entities on legal frameworks;
• Draft reports, notes, manuals, training materials, and forms as they relate to legal issues;
• Perform other tasks and duties as requested by the supervisor.
• Establish protocols and filing systems for legal documents and official correspondence.
• Master’s degree in Law
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in adv`isory role in legal matters
• Experience of report writing
• Fluent in English and Somali
• A flexible and dynamic approach to work is essential.
1- Application letter
2- Up to date CV
3- Copies of certificates and other supporting documents.
How to Apply
Please send all the above documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 20 September 2017