LG Legal and Policy ConsultantPOSITION TITLE| XILKA LA RAADINAYO:
|The technical expert will be required to develop all policies and contribute the legal drafts including policies, bylaws, MoUs, laws and whitepapers to enhance the development of structures and functions of local governments and the future local councils in Hirshabelle State of Somalia.
· Advice the Ministry on strategic planning and policy decisions on effective execution and coordination of donor funded activities supporting the implementation of government vision;
· Support Hishabelle efforts to draft and adopt local government law at State Level;
· Takes responsibility for the organization and the preparation of meetings and workshops, providing policy and legal advice on their design and overall outcome;
· Assist the Ministry in ensuring good preparation, organization and coordination of policy dialogue meetings between Hirshabelle-MOI institutions and other national and international stakeholders and partners on Local Governments;
· Develops policy structures and operating procedures to improve the functionality of the Ministry,
MA in Law or related discipline.
· Sound understanding of the political and development context of Somalia;
Application Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post. Please send your curriculum vitae to the ministry’s office in Jowhar by 26/06/2017 or to this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and with subject line “Policy and Legal Consultant”. Ministry responds only to the relevant candidates.
QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY