Medical Doctor (2 positions)POSITION TITLE| XILKA LA RAADINAYO:
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Medical Doctor (2 positions)
|Organization||GREDO– Gargaar Relief and Development Organization|
|Position Title||Medical Doctor- Health Project|
|Reports to||Health Project Manager|
|Location/Duty Station||Bay& Bakool|
|Duration of the Project||1 year with possibility of extension|
|Commitment to Diversity||GREDO is an equal opportunities employer.|
GREDO is an indigenous local NGO. Non-profit non-partial, non- political and voluntary organization based in Baidoa. To reach the most affected grass-root communities in Bay and Bakool regions and lower Shebelle effectively and efficiently, the necessity of local partnership in relief program appeared. Responding to the partnership need, a group of Somali intellectuals and well-wishers initiated in December 1992 a local non-governmental organization called Gargaar Relief and Development Organization (GREDO) the organization has implemented during these period different projects including relief and emergency programs and later improved into rehabilitation and developmental programs.
|Medical Doctor– 2 Position|
|TEAM/PROGRAMME: Health Programme||LOCATION: Bay& Bakool|
The Medical Doctors will be working in Bay& Bakool , Southwest Somalia and will have an overall responsibility for the management of OPD(out patients department ) consultations and refer patients where patients need.
|Key Area of accountability:
§ Overall responsibility for the delivery of Clinical services In Bay& Bakool.
§ Together with Project Manager will assume the highest technical responsibility for the delivery of curative services and preventive services from health center;
§ Responsible for coaching and training facility staff on technical matters;
§ Supervises activities of clinical team- nursing, pharmacy, Delivery, ANC/PNC section
§ Conducts performance appraisal of his staff;
§ Responsible for preparation duty rooster and timetable and work allocations of all clinical team;
§ Participates in regular meetings conducted by the project officer;
§ Submits monthly epidemiological reports concerning all department to Project officer and participates in the analysis of epidemiological data;
§ Lead all facility clinical activities;
§ Conducts elective, emergency and management of all complications
§ Participates in the conduction of studies and surveys;
Together with Project officer and other senior technical staff organizes in-service training of technical facility personnel and participates in the training
§ To carry-out any other duties and/or responsibilities assigned by his immediate supervisor.
§ To be flexible as required and willing to work in IDPs settings.
§ To be accountable, give feedback and appropriate information regarding the requested or ongoing tasks to the person or department, for the duties and performances he/she is carrying out for them.
|COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
Delivering Results (Skilled level).
Delivers timely and appropriate results using available resources
· Takes responsibility for their work and its impact on others
· Plans, prioritises and performs tasks well without needing direct supervision
· Understands the link between their work and the organisation’s objectives and Adapting
· Problem Solving and Decision Making Applying Technical and Professional Expertise
Thinking (Skilled level)
· Gathers the right information and uses critical thinking to make effective and timely decisions
· Stays with a problem or challenge until a solution is reached or no longer reasonably attainable.
· Knows when to involve others in a decision
· Demonstrates awareness of the wider external influences that impact on decision making
· Simplifies processes and procedures wherever possible.
ApplyingTechnical and Professional Expertise(Skilled level)
· Delivers work that reflects a good knowledge and application of technical and professional standards
· Keeps up to date with trends in their work area
· Maintains ethical and professional behaviour in accordance with relevant codes of conducts
Working Effectively with Others (Skilled level)
· Actively listens to new and different perspectives and experiences of those they work with
· Proactively supports team members and trusts their capabilities
· Demonstrates understanding of their skills and how they complement those of others within diverse teams and groups
· Clarifies their role and responsibilities within the team to maximise impact
| QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
§ Bachelor degree and Qualified Medical doctor with at least 3 years of experience in general medicine.
§ Experience in communicable/non communicable diseases
§ Ability to work in a remote area with basic surgical facilities
§ Fluent spoken & written English language
§ Excellent management and communications skills
§ Previous supervisory experience
§ Ability to analyze and interpret health data
§ Ability to write clear and concise reports
§ Basic computer skills, including Word, Excel
- Posted by: Ahmed Ibrahim
- Company: GREDO- Gargaar Relief and Development Organization
- Location: Anywhere
- City: Bakool - Bay
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Management & Leadership
- Tags: No Tags
846 total views, 3 today