Monitoring and Evaluation Officer – DollowPOSITION TITLE| XILKA LA RAADINAYO:
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
|Monitoring and Evaluation Officer|
|Employment category:Grade 5
Reporting to:Program Coordinator, with technical support from M&E Specialist.
Location:Dollow (with frequent travel on project sites)
Advert No :DRC2018/003
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organization which has been operating in Somalia since 1997. DRC has mainly focused on Somalis who are displaced by conflict and natural disaster. DRC programs include Protection, Food security & Livelihoods, Shelter/NFI and Water & Sanitation.
|ABOUT THE JOB
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Somalia Programmeis seeking for M&E Officer Somali national who will be based in Dollow with regular field visits as part of the DRC portfolio in Gedo region. The M&E Officer will support the M&E Manager as well as the coordinator in all data collection, analysis, and learning activities to help ensure accountability and efficiency from start to finish for all programs and projects, both new and implemented by DRC and partner agencies. S/he will provide technical field support to the M&E unit, within the MEAL department.
|The overall responsibilities
Grant and/or Program Management Support
Support all MEAL initiatives for assigned grant(s)/project(s) including monitoring data quality, tracking the progress of activities, and contributing to staff capacity building initiatives as necessary.
· Develop and share his M and E monthly plan with the MEAL manager
· Collect data on PDM and compile a comprehensive report with clear findings and recommendation which should be shared 2 weeks before the next distribution cycle.
· Carry out monitoring visits for Livelihoods, WASH and Protection sectors as per the project proposal.
· Follow up on the monthly findings using the issues matrix which will be shared with the implementation team and MEAL manager.
· Collect five (5) MSC stories in different domains each month
· Update and share the output indicator tracking tool to the MEAL coordinator/manager for consolidation
· Compile Lesson learnt/Best practices monthly for different interventions in liaison with the implementation team/area manager
· Share five best lesson learnt and five best practices with the MEL coordinator/ manager for consolidation and further sharing.
· Take a lead in quarterly review workshop to share the MEL’s achievement, challenges and projected plans for his area.
· Monitor accountability planned activities, compile and share the CHS trend report for the area on a monthly basis.
2. System Development
· Support M&E Manager and the coordinator in creating a framework and procedures for the monitoring and evaluation of project activities.
· Support the M&E Manager in defining and implementing the key project performance indicators (KPI) as well as monitoring them throughout the duration of the projects.
3. Data Management and Analysis
· Keep abreast of developments in grant/program changes and progress in order to advise and recommend tools and strategies to increase program performances and results.
· Perform regular field visits to ensure the quality of data collected by Programs and to verify the accuracy of reported data.
· Analyze changes and patterns in KPI indicator data and performance reports in order to support Program staff and/or the M&E Manager
4. Communication and Reporting
· Support M&E Manager and Grants Manager in reviewing donor reports to ensure high quality reports are submitted on time for this grant/program.
· Assist Program Development/Grants Management in establishing log frames, M&E work plans, and targets during the drafting donor project proposals as well as throughout project implementation
|Required qualifications and experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science or any relevant field
· A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Similar M&E positions.
· Good level of proficiency in Windows Excel, SPSS and quantitative analysis
· Ability to design M&E tools, surveys, surveillance systems and evaluations
· Demonstrated ability to train and build capacity of others
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Experience in anInternational non-governmental organization (desirable).
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
· Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
· Collaborating: You are a strong networker and enjoy working with many different types of stakeholders, you involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
· Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while balancing the role of advisor and taking leadership
· Communicating: You write and speak effectively and honestly and display political and cultural sensitivity, including ability to adapt well to local cultures
· Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
|TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Other terms of employment will be in accordance with DRC terms for National staff,
The position is open to Nationals ONLY.
Interested & qualified candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit their updated CVand a 1-page Cover letter clearly stating their motivation and why they are suited for the post to email@example.com the subject heading “Monitoring and Evaluation Officer- Dollow” not later than 17 Jan 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the written test & oral interview.
(DRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer)