Monitoring & Evaluation AssistantPOSITION TITLE| XILKA LA RAADINAYO:
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
|Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant
|Location: Mogadishu, (with regional travel to Puntland and Somaliland)||Duration: Full time, 1 year (Renewable)|
Growth, Enterprise, Employment & Livelihoods (GEEL) is 5-year USAID-funded project designed to promote and facilitate inclusive economic growth in south central Somalia, Puntland and Somaliland. The project is currently focusing on the agricultural sector (dairy, fisheries, sesame and banana) but is anticipated to expand in the future into other sectors of the economy. It will also seek to strengthen the business enabling environment through improving access to finance, policy and regulation, and business development services. Particular focus will be given to increase the participation of women and youth in the economy as entrepreneurs, employers, and employees.
Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant General Responsibilities:
The M&E Assistant’s duties include (but are not limited to):
- Responsible to record and correctly file all completed data collection forms and supporting documents after being verified by the M&E Specialist.
- Review all completed forms to ensure that the M&E Specialist has reviewed and verified the documents and affixed his signature within the Quality Control Section
- Scan completed and verified data collection forms and safe them in a centralized folder (to be designated) for M&E data
- Regularly update GEEL’s Beneficiary Database with data from the completed/verified data collection forms;
- Complete/fill in specific collation sheet for each indicator after uploading data into the beneficiaries’ database
- File hard copies of data collection forms within the appropriate indicator box files along with all required supporting documents
- Ensure that hard copies of completed data collection forms are filed with the relevant supporting documents
- Conduct regular review of the database and collation workbook to identify missing, incorrect or incomplete data
- Conduct/perform regular (weekly-or after every data entry process) functions in database to identify issues of double (multiple) counting of data or data mismatch.
- Report missing, incorrect, incomplete, double/multiple counting and mismatching data to ME&L Specialist
- Ensure project data are stored and released based on established standard protocols
- Serve as custodian for all GEEL M&E data files (hard and soft)
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned by the COP, DCOP or ME&L Specialist
The M&E Assistant will report to the GEEL Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist (ME&L) and work closely with the project M&E Specialist
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, statistics, international development, or a related field (or, alternately, equivalent academic accomplishment in a relevant field.
- At least 3-5 years’ technical experience in performing monitoring and evaluation activities;
- Previous experience monitoring USAID Grants or Grants under Contract (GUC) activities;
- Experience or familiarity with accepted best practices in remote monitoring and verification of project activities occurring in non-permissive environments;
- Experience in developing and managing database systems
- Previous work experience in the horn of Africa preferred;
- Demonstrated understanding of data base management specifically using Excel
- Experience or familiarity with data quality control measures
- Excellent oral and written English language communication skills.
- Oral and written Somali language communication skills (preferred)
- Experience working in/on fragile or post-conflict states (preferred)
How to apply:
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements can submit updated CV and cover letter to Jobs@sogeel.org with subject line: Application for Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant.
Deadline by 25th January 2017Advertisement