Nutrition, Hygiene and Sanitation Officer (Two Positions)POSITION TITLE| XILKA LA RAADINAYO:
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
External Vacancy: Advertisement Nutrition, Hygiene and Sanitation Officer
Organization Profile and Background
Welthungerhilfe /German Agro Action is a German based non-governmental and non-profit making humanitarian organization. It has worked in Somaliland since 2001 in different regions and components supporting many to secure their food and nutrition. Its program office is in Boroma.
Brief background about the project
The Aim of the project is that the rural population makes use of practices that strengthen their agro-pastoral production systems, uses and maintenance of WASH services sustainably and expands its potential to generate income through strengthened local actors and NGOs.
What We Offer
- A multicultural work environment where differences are accommodated
- A continuous learning culture
- Innovative and creative work practices
- Flexible work arrangements
- Fair pay and attractive benefit packages
- Working with an organizational philosophy that “helps the poor to help themselves”
Nutrition Hygiene and Sanitation Officer
Borama with frequent travel to the field in project areas
Position Reports to Supervises
Job Summary Responsibilities
Head of the Project
One year with a Possibility of Extension
The NHS officer will manage the implementation of WASH and Nutrition activities in Welthungerhilfe Somaliland Program.
- Takes planning, designing and implementation roles for nutrition, sanitation & hygiene component of the project.
- Designs appropriate nutrition, hygiene and sanitation promotion tools and approaches for the project.
- Provides technical input in designing integrated WASH and nutrition training manuals and guidance
- Provides technical support and guidance to community promoters working at community level;
- Develops standard training manuals on nutrition, hygiene and sanitation sector
- Conducts training and other capacity building activities related to CLTSH, PHAST, WSP, and sanitation marketing to community promoters and district government WASH experts
- Coordinates the provision of relevant trainings to target households
- Establishes WASH and nutrition demonstration sites at selected sites in the project area
- Manages the functionality of nutrition and WASH demonstration sites as per anticipated project objective
- Assists to have all project activities been made nutrition and gender sensitive
- Participates and sufficiently contributes during design of planning, monitoring and evaluation systems + other assessments are developed properly in terms of inclusion of soft components
- Participates in stakeholders’ forums related to nutrition hygiene and sanitation
- Provides evidence based and innovative approaches to help improve project implementation and achieve enhanced food
and nutrition security at household level General
- Carry out any other relevant duties assigned.
- Give high importance to team spirit.
|Key||Leads technical implementation of relevant promotion methods|
|responsibilities||and tools in the project areas. Works for behavior changes and practical achievements at household level|
|Min.||Second degree in public health, environmental health or|
|Education:||nutrition with four years’ experience or BSc Degree in public health, environmental health or nutrition with six years’ experience|
|Experiences||• Six years’ knowledge and experience on planning and implementation of nutrition, hygiene and sanitation components.
• Knowledge on promotion & education concepts, approaches and tools such as CLTSH, SLTSH, PHAST,, WSP, water quality testing etc.
• Familiarized to food and nutrition framework
• Expertise and experience implementing gender aware nutrition sensitive agriculture projects
• Ability to work effectively with multi-disciplinary teams linking agriculture, WASH and nutrition outcomes
• Experience with behavior change communications campaigns to improve dietary diversity and improve health and nutrition outcomes
• Practical experience in household level nutrition hygiene & sanitation achievement monitoring
• Experience working with a diverse group of technically skilled experts within the context of a project team
• Knowledge on different hygiene and sanitation technologies and facilities
|Language||Excellent in English and Somali languages (both verbal and written)|
|Skills and||•||Excellent Team player; able to work in a multi-cultural|
|• Willingness to travel and stay long in remote and difficult|
|• Able to take initiative, self-motivated/independently|
|• Willingness to learn and to share knowledge|
- Creative, flexible and pro-active
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Power point) and Publisher software
- Interpersonal skills and intercultural competence
- Knowledge and skills in developing measures of project/program success
- Leadership and people management skills
- Good in time management
- Very good interpersonal skills: teamworking skills, openness, patience, respect for opinions of others
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants shall submit their application letter and CV and support documents via firstname.lastname@example.org
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: January 13, 2018
Start date: As soon as possibleAdvertisement