Nutrition OfficerPOSITION TITLE| XILKA LA RAADINAYO:
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Employer: Somali Red crescent Society( BishaCas)
Deadline for applications: 13-09-2017
Full time position
Location: Mudug region
Purpose of the position:
The Nutrition Officer NO will monitor and support performance of SRCS nutrition activities. S/he will manage and train field-level nutrition staff, perform on-going monitoring and support supervision, program planning, liaising with local government and Non-Governmental Organization partners, and staff capacity building. To coordinate the implementation of Community-based Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM), Infant and Young Child Feeding practices (IYCF) and other nutrition program activities in various project locations.
- Work towards effective, timely and quality implementation of the emergency H&N programme according to developed plan.
- Participate in health and nutrition assessments as required.
- Collect information regarding the overall health and nutrition situation and needs of community.
- Assist in organizing and implementing awareness sessions for children, adolescents, families (pregnant and lactating women in particular) and communities at large.
- Work directly in the field with children, youth, families and other stakeholders of the project location he/ she is allocated to, ensuring that information and support provided to beneficiaries is appropriate and reaching the most vulnerable
- Ensure monitoring plan is in place and applied, and build capacity of the staff carrying out the work.
- Produce timely reports for internal use on the ongoing activities of the project.
- Comply with SRCS policies and practice with respect to code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Visit project sites and liaise on a regular basis with partners, communities and
- Weekly reporting to SRCS field manager to guarantee the smooth operation of the programme.
- Liaise regularly with the Health and Nutrition advisor for technical issues and support.
- Support and cooperate with other SRCS sector to issues related to health and nutrition
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Health or Nutrition
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in health programs, preferably in public health, reproductive health or maternal and child health care.
- Experience in project coordination, monitoring, documentation and report writing
- Experience in field work and community mobilization
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Somali
- Training facilitation skills
- Computer skills
- Strength in interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Flexibility and willingness to change work practices and hours, and capability to work in insecure environment