PLANNING DIRECTOR (MINISTRY OF INTERIOR, LOCAL GOVERNMENTS & RECONCILIATION)POSITION TITLE| XILKA LA RAADINAYO:
|DOWLADDA KOONFUR GALBEED EE SOOMAALIYA
WASAARADDA ARR. GUDAHA, DOWLADAHA HOOSE & DIB-U-HESHIISIINTA
|ولاية جنوب غرب الصومال
|SOUTHWEST STATE OF SOMALIA
MINISTRY OF INTERIOR, LOCAL GOVERNMENTS & RECONCILIATION
Job Title:Planning Director
Ministry:Ministry of Interior
Grade Level & Classification:Grade 7
Reporting to: Director General – Ministry of Interior
Salary:US$803 per month
Location: Southwest State of Somalia, Baidoa, Somaliak
Purpose of the Position
The Planning Director is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, controlling and coordinating policy advice and strategic planning within the Ministry of Interior.
Working and Reporting Relationships
Reporting to the Director General of the Ministry of Interior, the Planning Director will work with other senior managers of the Ministry of Interiorto oversee the Ministry Policy and Planning issues and ensure Policy is in accordance with Government Policy and relevant legislation.
- In consultation with the Director General, develop, implement and monitor strategic plans, programs, policies, processes, systems and procedures to achieve the goals and objectives of the Ministry.
- Coordinates development of the State’s Interior Plan and of other strategic, long-range plans.
- Disseminates information concerning the State’s interior plans and progress toward their achievement.
- Developing, implement, administer and participate in policy research and analysis.
- Coordinate the implementation of Plans and procedures.
- Establish activity measures and measurements of accountability.
- Oversee and participate in the development of Annual plans and reports.
- Revise and finalize planning documents, reports and plans for dissemination to appropriate individuals, groups and/or agencies.
- Consult with and provide expert advice to government officials and school management and board members on policy, program and legislative issues.
- Represent the Ministry in negotiations, and at conventions, seminars, public hearings and forums convened to discuss policy issues.
- Responsible for the sound administration of the Ministry of Interior’s Planning Processnecessary for the efficient operation of the Ministry.
- Perform any other related duties as may be required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Public Administration, internationalRelation or a related field.
- At least and 5 years of experience in administration and interior planning, research and/or evaluation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must show evidence of a working knowledge of the principles of quality management.
- Knowledge of the Somaliainterior system and interior policy or Plans
- Knowledge of international trends in interior policy and planning.
- Sound leadership and organizationaldevelopment skills.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with accounting software packages.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ableto provide mentoring and advice to senior management and staff on human resource matters
- Must be assertive and be able to easily identify, analyze and solve complex problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English and Arabic language.
How to Apply
- Please click this link and download the form: Application-Form after filling this form, confidential application can be addressed to email@example.com not later than 24, September 2017 and please attach only the form you filled.
- Note: Write the title of the position on the subject of your Email.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged.Advertisement