PRMN Focal PointPOSITION TITLE| XILKA LA RAADINAYO:
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Title PRMN Focal Point
Duty station Berbera
Number of Vacancies: one position
Duration: 7 month
Closing Date: 23/6/2017
Youth volunteer for Development and environment conservation (YOVENCO) was founded on 10th march2001.YOVENCO is non-governmental, nonprofit making and nonpolitical organization with headquarter s in Berbera and sub-office in Hargaisa, Burao & Borame.
YOVENCO has been working as voluntary with its community in the social livelihood development, health Improvement, Child Protection, Youth empowerment as well as the conservation of the environment. YOVENCO is a legally registered NGO by the Sahil region Attorney General, Ministry of Youth, Sports & Tourism and the Ministry National Planning and Development.
Job Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Coordinate PRMN Monitoring networks and supervise monitors of the project, the activities and ensure that project results are achieved according to indicators and expected outputs.
- Maintain regular contact with IDPS population, refugees, camp leaders, religious leaders, host community, and service providers.
- Visit sites and sources information to collect information on protection issues or alleged violations of Human and Humanitarian rights.
- Work with the implementing partners and monitors to verify and triangulate PRMN reports
- Ensure proper utilization of Small Grant Funds (SGF) and Emergency Grant Funds (EGF) funds according to procedures set out to support target beneficiaries.
- Report all protection related concerns
- Carry out data collection as required
- Prepare field visit reports
- Conduct advocacy related activities
- Generic professional competencies for this position:
- University degree in law, social studies, development studies / other relevant field/ the equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years work experience with NGO, legal or international organization in the area of protection or human rights
- Experience from working with education projects in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Have the skills to document results related to the position’s responsibilities
Application and CV
All interested and qualified applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English to email@example.com or hand delivered to YOVENCO Berbera office located in shidhka village, behind sahil intermediate school.
Closing date for applications: 22 June 2017.Advertisement