PROGRAM ASSISTANT – galkacyoPOSITION TITLE| XILKA LA RAADINAYO:
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
PROGRAM ASSISTANT – galkacyo
Location: Galkacyo, Somalia
Position Status: Full time,
About Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible.
In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions
into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within.
Now, and for the future.
In our continued response to emergency and disaster funded by OFDA under SELIP 2 which covers south central Somalia.
[Describe overview of job missioGENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The Program assistant is overall responsible for the day today implementation of the SELIP II program implementation in the target districts. The Program assistant will work closely both with management and support staff (including finance, administration and program) in Galkacyo MC and other field offices to ensure the day to day activities are implemented according to schedule, budget and required quality. The Program assistant will have to coordinate closely with the clusters including Food security, WASH, CCCM and others, Local Administration, the IDP and host community leaders, and other stakeholders to achieve the program goals and ensure that all projects implemented are demand-driven and communities are mobilized in a participatory way. S/he will have to show full adherence to Mercy Corps procedures and security protocols.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Conduct regular need assessment and prepare communication materials
- Maintain close working relationship with local authorities, INGOs and Local NGOs
- Foster a collaborative team atmosphere which engages the stakeholder.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and not to jeopardize its humanitarian mission
- Adhere to MC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of OFDA project and other program portfolios according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management and supervisor in the area of duty station
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Representations at cluster meetings at the field levels.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the program unit
- Participate in planning for project implementation including technical activity, financial and procurement planning
- Field data information and data collection to inform project design and planning
- Project reports/updates for the on-going project activities
- Projects documentation of food security, WASH and livelihoods activities through hard/soft copy documents filing, retrieval and archiving system.
- Participate in the development of detailed project implementation plans, targets, and roll out strategy as part of the project team
- Support the implementation of the food security, WASH and livelihoods activities, trainings and capacity building in the assigned areas of work
- Work with officers from all the sectors to administer proper beneficiaries documentations in the field so that quality and reliable data is collected
- Support the analysis of beneficiary data collected through the various tools that the department uses (e.g. TOLA, focus group discussions, FGDs, Key informant interviews, etc.)
- Document good practices and lessons, testimonies and stories for program learning from field visits, surveys and assessments that have been done
- Work with all MC staff to compile all program related documentations for Galkacyo office as may be required from time to time
- Perform any other assigned duty by Mercy Corps Somalia
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Program Manager,
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH:
Other program staff, finance officer, logistics officer, human resources and administration officers.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Relevant qualification in the field of the development for national and international relief and development organization in a similar role, ability to multitask and make decisions, experience in working effectively with minimum supervision.
- The position requires third level qualification in a related subject or equivalent experience.
- At least five years of work experience with an NGO in a similar capacity, with experience of working in Mudug and Galgadud regions with IDP and/or refugees extremely desirable.
- Knowledge of the Somalia legal and tax system regarding NGO operation is desired.
- Experience in team leadership and commitment/ability to travel to target villages/districts in line of the set duties is highly desirable
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications should submit their CV and Motivation letter to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 12th Jan 2018. Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted for the Interview.Advertisement