Project Coordinator – DoollowPOSITION TITLE| XILKA LA RAADINAYO:
|Employment category:Grade 4
Reporting to:Program Coordinator, with technical support from FSL Manager.
Direct reports:livelihood Officer
Location:Dollow (with frequent travel on project sites)
Authorization level:As per DRC IDRA
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organization which has been operating in Somalia since 1997. DRC has mainly focused on Somalis who are displaced by conflict and natural disaster. DRC programs include Protection, Food security & Livelihoods, Shelter/NFI and Water & Sanitation.
|ABOUT THE JOB
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Somalia Programmeis seeking for a Somali national Project Coordinator-Boreshawho will be basedDollow in Gedo with regular field visits as part of the DRC portfolio in Gedo region. The Projecr Coordinator will ensureproper implementation, guidance and support to EU-BORESHA PROJECT staff as per the log frame, budget and implementation plan. Coordinate and liaise with key stakeholders to ensure the effective implementation of project activities in Dollow districts..
|The overall responsibilities
· Participate in programme inception meeting/reviews to discuss on the proposal and log frame and expected deliverables.
· Participate or lead in the development of DRC EU-BORESHA, programme annual, monthly and quarterly work plans or meetings.
· Ensure smooth implementation of planned project activities in accordance with log frame, budget and proposals.
· Coordinate the operations of the field staff to ensure adherence to programme log frame and reporting requirements.
· Identify programme staff training needs and initiate appropriate intervention to address the capacity gaps.
· Draft project progress reports and share with PC and TU for review and ensure timely submission of DRC monthly report.
· In collaboration with the Consortium lead agencies and technical team, ensure timely budgetary revisions at project level.
· Be responsible for timely communication with the programme staff in the field offices on project milestones and upcoming deadlines
· Keep the Consortium Manager and the Management Team informed about all programmatic issues of relevance to the overall management and coordination of the programme.
· Monitor program activities through periodic field visits
· Maintain up to date project information
· Coordinate various baseline and post implementation surveys as planned
· Recommend revisions (if necessary) to planned programme activities and budgets to the Consortium Manager
· Keep good relationship with other stakeholders (including other INGO, donors, government authorities etc.)
· Perform regular field visits/project site.
|Required qualifications and experience:
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
· Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
· Collaborating: You are a strong networker and enjoy working with many different types of stakeholders, you involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
· Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while balancing the role of advisor and taking leadership
· Communicating: You write and speak effectively and honestly and display political and cultural sensitivity, including ability to adapt well to local cultures
· Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
|TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Other terms of employment will be in accordance with DRC terms for National staff,
The position is open to Nationals ONLY.
Interested & qualified candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit their updated CVand a 1-page Cover letter clearly stating their motivation and why they are suited for the post to firstname.lastname@example.org the subject heading “Project Coordinator-Boresha – Dollow” not later than 17th Jan 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the written test & oral interview.
(DRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer)