Project Officer – HudurPOSITION TITLE| XILKA LA RAADINAYO:
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
|Job title: Project Officer|
|Employment category: Grade 4 Step 0
Reporting to: Project Coordinator
Direct reports: Community Mobilizers, volunteers and facilitators when available on temporary basis
|Unit/department: Programmes – DDG
Location: Hudur With Travel To Field Location
Authorization level: As per the IDRA
|Overall purpose of the role:
The Project Officer is responsible for the overall supervision and coordination of the project activities in the geographical location. S/he ensures that all relevant protocols and the guiding manuals for project implementation processes and results re achieved per the project logical framework. S/he is required to liaise with the Project Coordinator and other senior members of staff for quality control and overall programming support as well as supervise Community Mobilizer and Facilitator.
· Act as primary link between the assigned target communities and DDG.
· Responsible for working with district authorities in target areas to select target communities in accordance with DDG’s selection criteria and process.
· Liaise with local leaders and local and national government authorities about safety in the assigned target communities, and responsible for establishing point of contact with all target communities (i.e. community entry)
· Facilitate advocacy workshops aimed at armed violence reduction
· Facilitate advocacy processes in assigned target communities and its messages and purposes
· Facilitate community dialogue processes in target communities and ensure the representation and participation of all socio-economic groups in the community.
· Support the selected communities to priorities their needs for utilization of the grants.
· Monitor the implementation of said Peace Dividend by the assigned target communities, and support the communities to improve implementation.
· Ensure good cooperation with DRC and partners in joint or supplementary implementation areas.
· Compile the required monitoring forms and reports using the prescribed DDG formats and submit reports to the AVR project officers regularly on assigned dates.
· Deliver training sessions in accordance with the community safety operational guidelines and as tasked.
· Monitor the impact of the activities on the behavior of the communities following the DDG Community Safety M&E and impact assessment frameworks.
· Ensure that all tasks allocated by the Project Coordinator are executed promptly, efficiently and in accordance with DRC operational guidelines.
· Take good care of all assigned equipment, including computers and communication equipment.
· Ensure that there are receipts for all expenses and compile all receipts according to DDG financial guidelines by the end of each month and submit to the Project Coordinator Officer before the last day of the month.
· Follow all DDG Procedures for security, finance, logistics, HR and administration.
· Attend trainings as required by DDG.
· Any other tasks requested by the Project Coordinator.
|Experience and technical competencies:
· 2 years of experience of teaching/education and techniques of facilitator through social work.
· Experience of techniques for conflict resolution process.
· Working experience and knowledge of the local duty station.
· Work independently at fully professional level.
· Be able to compile reports.
· Flexible and motivated
· Able to adapt to changing situations as required
· Physically fit and healthy.
· Minimum of Diploma in Social Sciences, Management, Law, International Development, International Relations or other relevant subject.
· High degree of computer literacy
Find the definition of DRC’s Core competencies here
· Strong proficiency in English, both written and spoken English minimum level 4
· Fluency in written and spoken Somali
· DRC/DDGO CO, RO and HQ staff, as well as colleagues in DDG in other programmes
· Local government authorities
· Community beneficiaries
· Other NGOs operating in Bakool, Southwest State
|APPLICATION AND CV
Interested and qualified candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit their Applications which should include a 1-page cover letter clearly stating their motivation and qualifications and CV to email@example.com with the subject heading “Armed Violence Reduction (AVR) Project Officer” No later than Tuesday 12 December 2017.
ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the written test and interview
(DRC is Equal Opportunity Employer)
|¨Basic: I master the essentials, but may at times need help from others
¨Advanced: I can work independently at full professional level.
¨Expert: I am the go-to person when others need help.
Availability December, 2017
Other terms of employment will be in accordance with DRC/DDG terms for National staff,
The position is open to Nationals ONLY.