Project Pharmacy Manager for MSF mission in SomaliaPOSITION TITLE| XILKA LA RAADINAYO:
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Doctors Without Borders is an international, independent medical humanitarian action-driven organization created in 1971, providing aid to populations in need, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to the people affected by armed conflicts, without discrimination and regardless of their race, religion, belief or political affiliation (MSF Charter). OCBA stands for Operational Centre Barcelona-Athens and is made up of four Operational Cells (OCs), the Emergency Unit and the Humanitarian Affairs Unit (HAU) and other departments or services supporting Operations. MSF-OCBA is currently present in around 20 countries.
MSF is looking for:
International staff – Project Pharmacy Manager for MSF mission in Somalia
Defining, coordinating and monitoring all pharmacy related activities in the project area including management of staff, according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures and the mission’s pharmacist and Medical Coordinator’s guidelines, in order to ensure the proper management and supply of drugs and medical devices
· Participating actively in the definition and update of the annual planning and budgets of the pharmacy activities in the project
· Supervising the functioning and organization of the project central pharmacy and other peripheral units, setting the protocols and procedures to be followed by all staff in order to ensure the quality of the service provided to the population and
· Ensuring the accurate handling of the products and equipment in terms of hygiene and that all hygiene and security procedures are followed in project pharmacies (cleaning, controlling pests and rodents, etc.)
· Giving support in the ordering and supply process of medicines and medical devices ordering. Monitoring correct stock management across pharmacies within project area, to guarantee a good control and up to date data of stock levels and avoid expiries, overstocks and stock outs. Reporting on drug consumptions and medical devices dispensed according to protocols, informing on unusual patterns.
· Ensuring, in cooperation with the project logistic manager, proper maintenance of cold chain and storage conditions (e.g. humidity, temperature, light exposure, cleanliness, pest and rodents control, etc.), and that classification and organization of medicines and medical material meet MSF protocols
· Supervising, coaching, motivating and evaluating all the pharmacy staff under his/her responsibility, in order to ensure the strict respect for working procedures and protocols. Ensuring that all pharmacy staff uses required clothes and equipment according to protocols, i.e. white coat, gloves, etc.
· Carrying out all the reporting tasks associated to his/her field of action and responsibility, ensuring its consistency and accuracy, in order to support in the relevant decision-making and participating in monthly reports according to guidelines (SitReps, medical statistical reports, etc.)
· Planning and supervising, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required.
· As international staff, the candidate should not reside in the country of employment
· Pharmacy degree essential. Desirable Master pharmacy management diploma
· Two-year experience as a pharmacist required
· Experience in team management and training desirable
· Experience with MSF or another NGO in developing countries is desirable
· Excellent English
· Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
· People Management
Duration of the contract
Fixed-term contract of 6 months with renewal option
Salary defined by the MSF International salary grid
Additional monthly living allowance
Lodging provided at the organization’s guesthouse/or housing allowance
International and local transportation costs covered
Provision of medical, life, and repatriation insurance.
To apply, all applicants should please send their CV and cover motivation letter under the reference “Pharmacy manager Somalia” to email@example.com.
Please submit your CV and cover letter in ONE file and name the file with your LAST NAME
CLOSING DATE: January 25th 2018
Candidates are advised to submit applications early to avoid disappointment as we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the advertised closing date.
Replies will only be sent to short-listed candidates.
Médecins Sans Frontieres, as a responsible employer, under article 38 of “Ley de Integración Social del Minusválido de 1982 (LISMI)” invite those persons with a recognized disability and with an interest in the humanitarian area to apply for the above mentioned position.