Quality Assurance SpecialistPOSITION TITLE| XILKA LA RAADINAYO:
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Position: Quality Assurance Specialist
Department: Health Services & Quality Assurance
Based in: Hargeisa
Reports to: Health Services & Quality Assurance
Duration: 7 months
Who we are
With over 45 years of experience, working in over 60 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 8,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
PSI Somaliland is one of our innovative network members working with the commercial sector in reproductive health, diarrhea prevention & treatment, fever case management, and childhood nutrition. The team focuses on the estimated 60% of women who use the private sector for their first line of health solutions. Using market and behavioral data PSI Somaliland develops marketing plans to increase demand for and access to quality health products and services in the private sector, including through franchising of private health facilities.
We are looking for a Business Officer who will be tasked with the provision of robust QA system to ensure the services provided by the providers meet PSI Standards, affiliating only with providers who are qualified, capable, and willing to deliver services in accordance with [PSI’s Quality Standards], assessing and developing provider skills via formal training programs, Providing on-going support to providers and routine QA supervision visits, and assist when conducting periodic assessments of provider performance (IQA and EQA).
Our ideal candidate has extensive experience “owning” tasks and learning quickly. S/he thrives in an entrepreneurial environment, enjoys multi-tasking & monitoring trends for business improvement, strives to take on responsibility, and takes pride in ensuring that every detail is checked and a job is well done.
Sound like you? Read on.
- Together with the Health Services/QA Manager, establish quality control areas that need attention, draft work plans and implement in assigned the region
- In consultation with Social Franchise Network business team, identify and develop job aids for providers for the health areas they provide services.
- In liaison with Monitoring & Evaluation unit, review all reporting tools and supervision tools to reflect the incremental services in the network and train each of the providers on how to use revised tools
- Collaborate with Regional and District Ministry of Health office and other key stakeholders in the region
- Work closely with Supply Chain department to project social franchise commodity requirements
- With the Health Services/QA Manager, develop training and supervision plans
- Ensure efficient and timely execution of QA plans
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting
What are we looking for?
- University graduate/Medical Training – Doctor/Midwife/Nurse
- 2 years working in service delivery
- Excellent computer skills
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent spoken and written English and Somali languages
- Good record of working with teams
- Independent and Self-motivated
Got what it takes?
If you think you are a great fit we would love to hear from you. Please send an email with a brief background on yourself and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org “Quality Assurance Specialist” in the subject line by Sunday 17th February,2018Advertisement