Re-advert: Terms of Reference This Gender analysis study is to identify gender dynamics in project areas and their implications for women’s entrepreneurship and household income generationPOSITION TITLE| XILKA LA RAADINAYO:
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Terms of Reference
This Gender analysis study is to identify gender dynamics in project areas and their implications for women’s entrepreneurship and household income generation.
1.1. International Solidarity Foundation (ISF)
The International Solidarity Foundation (ISF) is a Finish NGO, which has been operating through local partners in Somaliland since 2001. ISF specializes in development co-operation and solidarity work. ISF believes that the most appropriate approach to empower communities in developing countries is to promote their capacities and support local people’s own initiatives. The main focus of ISF programme in Somaliland is to contribute to the socio-economic recovery and the rebuilding of Somaliland through enhancement of democratic values, inclusion and participation of women in the economic life as well as in decision-making at all levels.
1.2 Somaliland Youth Development and Voluntary Organization (SOYDAVO)
Somaliland Youth Development and Voluntary Organization (SOYDAVO) is a local non-governmental, non-profit making organization based in Burao, Somaliland with regional offices in Hargeisa and Erigavo
SOYDAVO receiving funds from International Solidarity Foundation – ISF), have a long-standing commitment to address the violence against women and girls in Somaliland. SOYDAVO is one of the strategic partners of ISF and both collaborated with Gender Based Violence in Togdheer region. Both of the organizations are now working on together with the planning phase of GBV, and Livelihood project in the regions of Togdheer and Oodweyne.
1.3. Candlelight for Environment, Education and Health (Clhe)
Candlelight for Environment, Education and Health (CLHE) is one of the local strategic partners of ISF Finland. Candlelight with collaboration and receiving funds from ISF is implementing and planning for the 2nd phase of the livelihood project aimed at enhancing the livelihoods of the agro-pastoral communities in Sahil region, Somaliland. In specific terms, the project will focus on improving the production of sisal fibres for both traditional and technological modified uses. The project will concentrate on varietal selection, plant multiplication, value addition, use of best agricultural practices including water harvesting and utilization to improve productivity. The focus of the project is improving income of women.
- THE OBJECTIVES OF STUDY
The general objective of the assignment is to identify gender dynamics in project area and their implications for women’s entrepreneurship and household income generation.
2.1 Scope of work
- Assess women’s roles, responsibilities and time used for household work and livelihood related work and how it affects active participation in household income generation.
- Assess which reasons hinder men in supporting women participation in household income generation.
- Assess women’s and men’s access to and control of resources and benefits at household and community levels, including land and capital.
- Assess gender power relations at household and community levels and examine how they affect women (and how they affect men) in economic and civic participation and benefits of that participation.
- Assess the different skills, capacities and aspirations of women and how they impact on women’s livelihoods and civic participation.
- Assess men and women’s understandings of different forms of SGBV, reasons and its consequences
- Identify existing policy and practice gaps that hinder women participation and benefits from the planting enterprises.
- Addressing needs, behaviors, norms of gender in Togdheer region, and analysis how to promote gender equality in combating the GBV and FGM and enhancing the women’s economic status
2.2 Content of the report
- short presentation of research questions and methods
- questionnaires attached
- data on informants
- analysis of data in accordance with assignment
- recommendations on implementation strategy for the project
- summary of core results and recommendations
- Inception report
- Draft and final reports with analysis of data based on assignment and
The consultant shall formulate the methodology and tools of the data collection and analysis in such a way that it gives clear information on the following core areas.
- QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS REQUIRED
Candidate should have:
- A degree or higher in Social Sciences preferably in Gender and Development Studies or equivalent professional qualifications.
- At least 10 years’ experience of working in the development sector specially with issues related to Gender and Gender Based violence
- Fluent in English
- Good communication skills
- TIMING AND DURATION OF THE CONSULTANCY
The survey is expected to start on 6thDecember and shall end by 16nd December 2017. The consultancy will deliver results of the consultancy (draft form) to ISF 23rd of December 2017 who will comment on it before the final report is done. The final report on the study should be submitted to ISF by 15th of January 2018. The timing of the consult is as detailed here below:
|Activities||Number of Days|
|Desk review including collection of literature related to the subject matter||1 days|
|Preparation of questions, methodologies||1 days|
|Field work in Somaliland (including traveling days)||10 day|
|Finalization of the report||2 days|
|Total number of days||14 days|
Interested candidates should submit an Expression of Interest in the form of a letter outlining relevant experience and suitability for the consultancy, their expected fee, CV, and references to Regional Directorairi.email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 9th of December 2017
Those who applied previously should not apply again
Invitation of Tender Gender analysis study in Somaliland
Date: 7th of December, 2017
International Solidarity Foundation (ISF)
Description of task:
This Gender analysis study is aimed to identify gender dynamics in project area and their implications for women’s entrepreneurship and household income generation.
The tender should include the following information:
- qualification of facilitator (CV)
- a draft technical proposal together with the proposed methodology (1-2 pages) including a short description on what methods will be used and the duration of the facilitation (number of days)
- cost of the tender: facilitation fee/ day, other costs / financial proposal
Criteria for approval:
ISF will choose the consultant in co-operation with the executive directors of SOYDAVO and Clhe according to three main criteria’s: a) the capability of the consultant to conduct the assignment, b) the quality and content of the tender, c) the cost of the tender
Submission of tender:
The tender must be submitted by 9th of December 2017 not later than at 3:00 PM East African Time to ISF Regional Director Airi Kähärä (firstname.lastname@example.org) by e-mail.
Those who applied previously should not apply againAdvertisement