REQUEST FOR CONSULTANTS: COMMUNITY-BASED DISASTER RISK MANAGEMENT AND EARLY WARNING SYSTEM TRAININGPOSITION TITLE| XILKA LA RAADINAYO:
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
REQUEST FOR CONSULTANTS
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) is an International Non-Governmental Organization registered in Kenya and operating in Somaliland. ADRA is seeking the services of a consultant to undertake a Community-based Disaster Risk Management and Early Warning System Training.
PURPOSE OF THE CONSULTANCY
The consultant will introduce Disaster Risk Management (DRM) and Early Warning Systems to communities ADRA is working with at Lasanod district. This will be done by training the steering members as TOT of the key identified groups.
OBJECTIVES OF THE CONSULTANCY
The specific objectives of this consultancy are;
- Review the presence and composition of the early warning committees
- Train the early warning committees
- Explore possibility of linkages with government Early Warning System
SCOPE OF THE CONSULTANCY
The scoping and training will be conducted in all the targeted project areas in the district, covering the target committees, partners, staff and other stakeholders. The scoping exercise will help to identify the functionality of the existing committees and propose amends where necessary before training is conducted. The consultant will lead the whole exercise by addressing the objectives as spelt out at community meetings. On the issue of linkages, the consultant will have a separate meeting with members of the early warning committees in each village and later on with NERAD.
Qualifications and Experience
We are looking for a consultant/team with the following skills and qualifications:
- Have an Advanced degree in Agriculture, Development Studies, Social Sciences or other relevant fields. Demonstrable expertise on Food Security and Livelihoods is required
- Demonstrable experience in leading evaluations of humanitarian programs responding to major disasters, with specific emphasis on Disaster Risk Management (DRM) and Early Warning Systems.
- Track record in developing and conducting various types of assignments including qualitative and quantitative data collection
- Excellent and demonstrated understanding of Pastoral and Agro-pastoral livelihoods in Somaliland and ethical issues in research
- Ability to write high quality, clear, concise reports.
For the full Terms of Reference (TOR) please visit ADRA Somalia website www.adrasom.org. Interested persons should send the applications, CV and a technical and financial proposal to email@example.com by 30th June 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.Advertisement