Request for Expression of Interest (REOI)POSITION TITLE| XILKA LA RAADINAYO:
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Federal Government of Somalia
Request for Expression of Interest (REOI)
Name of the Procuring Entity: Office of Prime Minister, Federal Government of Somalia
Project Name: Capacity Injection Project
Project ID: P149971
User Department: CIM, CIP
Subject of Procurement: Consulting Services: Public Sector Pension Policy
Reference No: SO-OPM-44138-CS-INDV
Language of Notice: English
Deadline for Application Submission Date: February 20, 2018
Local Time: 11 am (Mogadishu time)
The World Bank, together with the Federal Government of Somalia (FGS) and its other development partners, in September 2013, endorsed the Somali Compact which sets out peace-building and state-building priorities for the next three years (up to 2016). The Compact recognized capacity development as a key enabler essential for peace-building and state-building and identified “building core public sector capacities” as an immediate objective. It called for “dedicated support to a number of core functions, including center of government, civil service management, and public sector capacities, as well as the coordinated roll out of basic cross-cutting administrative systems.” To deliver on these priorities and commitments, the government has developed an Institutional Capacity Development Flagship Programme, supported by the World Bank, UNDP and other development partners. It is expected that this program will be the main vehicle through which donors will channel their assistance in the area of public sector capacity development. The World Bank has worked with the FGS and the Puntland State of Somalia to develop the Capacity Injection Project (CIP) to implement the flagship program
In many countries, civil service pensions are becoming a major fiscal burden, threatening to crowd out other programs, especially in low-income countries with limited tax bases. To ensure future financial sustainability, it is essential to have actuarial projections of future contribution of income and benefit expenditure, and demographic projections about life expectancy at the pensionable age and changes in the ratio between the active working-age population and retirees.
Objective and Scope
The primary objective of the assignment is to develop a public-sector pension policy and secure a decent retirement benefit for civil servants. Specific objectives are to:
- Facilitate provision of retirement income security for civil servants;
- Facilitate provision of post-employment income to old age employees and their families;
- Ensure a verifiable planned exit of old age employees from civil service and eliminate the risk that the employee will outlive his/her resources;
- Facilitate the creation of a financially sustainable means of paying pensioners and their survivors;
- Create a transparent system that can be monitored, audited and reported to key stakeholders including employees, pensioners, survivors, government, Parliament and the general public; and,
- Facilitate delivery of services and benefits fairly and accurately.
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
The Educational and Professional Qualifications and Experience will include, but not limited to:
- Master’s degree preferably in human resource management, public administration, or closely related field.
- Fifteen (15) years of specific experience in providing human resource management advice to governments and private sector organizations with specific focus on the area of developing public sector pension systems;
- Demonstrated experience in pensions policy development and management
- Demonstrated experience working with governments of developing countries including fragile and conflict-affected states.
- Demonstrated experience in the management of pension information management systems in both the public or private sectors;
- Specialization in Administrative /Industrial Law or Labor Economy will be an advantage
- Proven ability to deliver results in complex and challenging environments.
- Demonstrated ability to excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to build consensus and good judgment in a non-prejudicial manner especially in dealing with politically sensitive issues.
Duration: The assignment will be carried out in 180 person days.
The Office of the Prime Minister, Federal Government of Somalia now invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (CV’s, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills, etc.). Selection will be based on qualifications and experience stipulated below.
The selection shall be based on qualification, experience and skills of the candidate.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers (January 2011) (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest. Please visit www.worldbank.org setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest. In addition, please refer to specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment as per paragraph 1.9 of Consultant Guidelines.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011 (revised July 2014) – Selection of Individual Consultant.
Further information including a detailed Terms of Reference can be obtained from the Project Coordination Unit (PCU) in person or by e-mail at the address below during office hours 07:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Saturday to Thursday. Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by e-mail) by February 20, 2018, local Time: 11 am (Mogadishu time)
Attention: Capacity Injection Project Procurement Specialist, Office of the Prime
Address: Villa Somalia, Mogadishu, Federal Government of Somalia
City: Mogadishu, Somalia
Postal Code: N/A