Rural Women Program- Water Infrastructure Development for Resilience ProgramPOSITION TITLE| XILKA LA RAADINAYO:
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Rural Women Program- Water Infrastructure Development for Resilience Program
CARE is an International NGO working in Somalia/Somaliland. CARE and its partners work with vulnerable communities to address the underlying causes of poverty and promote peace and development, through its strategic goal to reduce poverty by empowering women, enhancing access to resources and services, and improving governance. The ministry of water resource and CARE International in Somaliland are implementing Water Infrastructure Development for Resilience Program in Somaliland. The position offered will form part of the program Team of an ongoing project on improvement of access to water and WASH facilities. CARE is looking for suitable candidates to fill the position of Project Officer based in Hargeisa with travel to project sites within Somaliland.
The Project Officer (PO) is responsible for the the effective implementation of the Water Infrastructure Development for Resilience Program in Somaliland by working closely with the beneficiaries, local authorities, partners MOWR and CARE staff working in the area. He/She will facilitate the smooth running of the day to day project implementation including but not limited to program data collection, supervision, community trainings. The officer will also be expected to ensure a good flow of information and communication between field and project management staff, submit weekly reports/ monthly update /quarterly and annual reports to the Project Manager, maintain project visibility as required by the donor at all times and participate in relevant networking forums and other CARE organized functions as called upon by the program Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Mobilize & orient program stakeholders at field level to actively participate the planning, implementation and evaluation stages of the projects.
- Prepare a detailed monthly action plan in collaboration with MOWR/CARE program team and getting Final review and approval from Program Manager.
- Facilitate and support community and contactors action plans on a monthly bases and follow up the implimentation of the community contractor’s plans.
- The project officer will also be responsible for regular project monitoring and evaluation, collect & comprehensiveness data on the quantitative progress of the project and the qualitative achievement of indicators.
- He/She will also be responsible for observing the level of community participation and in particular the intended percentage of target women groups during the identification of project target beneficiary and implementation period.
- Facilitate surveys, monitoring and evaluation activities in liaison with the senior program staff.
- Counter-checking (project inputs) proposed activities against implemented activities and project duration are proportional.
- The position collects and analyzes the project baseline and determines baseline information against activities, outputs and impact.
- To record, manage and preserve monitoring and evaluation data in a safe and accessible way.
- The PO will also be responsible for ensuring a good flow of information and good communication between field, submit weekly reports/ monthly update /quarterly and annual reports to the SPO, maintain project visibility as required by the donor at all times and participate in relevant networking forums and other CARE organized & non CARE functions as advised upon by the program
- Prepare case studies and success stories in the course of your work with the project
§ Identify areas in which beneficiaries/participants are showing weaknesses.
§ Provide relevant advice and recommendations for improvements to rectify the weaknesses.
- Foster participatory planning and monitoring by training and involving primary stakeholder groups in target community groups.
§ Maintain utmost good relation between the local authority/community and CARE in an effort to promote a good working atmosphere/environment
- Bachelors Degree or Diploma in social sciences, or related field;
- At least two years experience with a reputable INGO in a similar capacity with solid experience in livelihoods, education, peace building and governance.
- Excellent TOT skills, demonstrated to work with a team or as part of a team, complemented with excellent team building, coaching and mentoring skills
- Demonstrated understanding of community engagement/participation techniques, (PRA/VSLA).
- Experience working with pastoral communities.
- Fluency in Somali language is desired.
- Excellent team building, coaching, mentoring skills and negotiation skills.
- Good command of English language.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their application letters and detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 12, 2017. Kindly indicate the position title on the subject line when applying. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CARE is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.