Senior Administration/FinancePOSITION TITLE| XILKA LA RAADINAYO:
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Internal/External Vacancy Announcement
Vacancy Notice No.: IVN/EVN/SOM/17/29
|Title of Post||Senior Administration/Finance||Level||G5|
|Type of||Fixed Term Appointment||Duration||I year (Initial)|
|Position No.||10020930||Date of Issue||07 June 2017|
|Location||Bossaso, Somalia||Closing Date||20 June 2017|
The Senior Admin/Finance Assistant will provide administrative assistance to the immediate supervisor and /or Head of the Office/Unit to ensure that routine services and activities within the administrative/finance domain are implemented.
The Senior Admin/Finance Assistant normally has no direct supervisory functions though it rests upon the supervisor of the post to make time specific arrangements subject to a given situation. The incumbent functions under direct supervision of a Senior Officer often Administrative Officer or Administrative/Finance Officer, who is required to monitor the performance of the incumbent and provide regular guidance. S/he may liaise with local suppliers, banks and/or financial institutions on routine subject matters under the direction of the supervisor.
Responsibility (process and functions undertaken to achieve results)
- Processes entitlements, issues of contracts and maintains various personnel records and files;
- Assists in the recruitment of GS staff by evaluating candidate applications and conducting preliminary interviews;
- Assists in surveys on local cost of living, local salaries, housing rental and collecting the information on the above-mentioned; Processing requests for visas, identity cards, driving licences and other personnel-related documents; Prepare travel authorization and assist in the submission of travel claims;
- Attends meetings on day-to-day admin matters; administers the movement of local staff members, their attendance, leave plan, overtime, etc. Assists in the preparation of inventory records of non-expendable equipment for submission to HQs and takes care of stationary order;
- Maintains financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data for day-to-day transactions and reports;
- Assists in preparing financial vouchers and monthly accounts;
- Selects and enters data from a wide variety of documents, verifying accuracy by checking sources, making necessary calculations and assuring inclusion of all relevant data;
- Assists in preparing admin budget submission for entire year; maintains liaison with officials of local bank to obtain day-to-day information in exchange and interest rates, changes in procedures and regulations and matters pertaining to maintenance of office bank accounts.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Managing Resources
- Analytical Thinking
- Planning and Organizing
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Completion of Secondary Education or equivalent technical or commercial school with certificate/training in Business Administration, Finance, Office Management, Human Resources or other related field.
- Minimum 5 years of job experience relevant to the function;
- Computer skills (MS office and People Soft applications).
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language (as applicable in the duty station).
- In offices where the working language is not English, excellent knowledge of working language of duty station and working knowledge of English.
- Knowledge in UNHCR Admin and financial rules, procedures and processes;
- Knowledge and working experience of MSRP (Peoplesoft);
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
- Knowledge of another relevant UN or local languages
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS:
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, please visit the portal of the International Civil Service Commission at: http://icsc.un.org
Submission of Applications:
If you wish to be considered for this vacancy, please submit your letter of motivation and P11
Form by e-mail stating the position title and vacancy notice number in the subject line to:
firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 June 2017.
The Personal History Form (P11) is available at the following link: http://www.unhcr.org/recruit/P11_UNHCR.doc
Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a test and/or oral interview. No late applications will be accepted. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
UNHCR strongly encourages qualified female applicants for this position. UNHCR seeks to ensure that male and female employees are given equal career opportunities. UNHCR is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
NB: UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Refugees – who cares? We Do.Advertisement
- Posted by: Somali Jobs
- Company: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
- Location: Anywhere
- City: Bosasso - Somalia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Management & Leadership
- Tags: No Tags
3422 total views, 1 today