Senior ResearcherPOSITION TITLE| XILKA LA RAADINAYO:
Who We Are:
HYJ Recruiting and HR Consulting is a specialist HR services business that prides itself on delivering genuine subject matter expertise and unparalleled industry insight. HYJ delivers expertise in the areas of
human resource consulting, recruitment and leadership development.
HYJ provides the best practice human resources services to improve the organizational performance of clients and ensure positive organizational outcomes.
Engaging with HYJ means working alongside qualified senior human resources professionals that understand the intricacies of the human resources profession. Clients of HYJ range in size and industry – from start-up businesses that require occasional human resources guidance to large companies implementing national human resources projects.
We pride ourselves on our professionalism, superior industry knowledge and willingness to go above & beyond our clients’ expectations.
We are recruiting for: Senior Researcher
The Client, is seeking a qualified applicant for the position of Senior Researcher which will focus on investigating, analysing and writing on a diverse area of topics on Somaliland and more broadly on issues that affect Somali populations. The role of the Senior Researcher may include documenting and assessing research on Somaliland and Somali-wide issues; tracking relevant legal and political developments and working to develop new areas of research.
The Researcher will be based in Hargeisa, Somaliland with travel within Somaliland and in the region.
Duties and Responsibilities
Successful candidates will be expected to:
- Research, monitor and document areas of research by collecting and analysing information from a wide variety of sources including government officials, international and local media, local, regional and international NGOs, members of the public, open source information, etc depending on the research assignment;
- Write accurate, unbiased, comprehensive and timely reports as directed and other documents that include policy recommendations relevant to the intended audience of the research area;
- Write reports and other documents including, but not limited to, op-eds, press releases, briefing memos and other material to disseminate research findings and policy recommendations;
- Assist in the development and implementation of strategies to promote reports and documents produced from research;
- Be prepared and willing to work flexible hours to accommodate research;
- Travel within Somaliland and in the region as required to conduct research;
- Oversee work of any Research Assistant assigned to the same research projects;
- Deliver outputs in a timely manner and be consistent with strategy and timelines agreed upon with Director; and
- Carry out any other duties as required.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Political science, history, law and related fields;
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years’ research and writing experience;
- Ability to identify, research, analyse and effectively communicate important developments in Somaliland and assigned areas of research;
- Ability and sensitivity to conduct interviews with a wide range of people, including victims and witnesses as required;
- Ability to efficiently distil information about areas of research so as to focus time and effort on issues of greatest importance is required;
- Ability to identify and advise the Director in developing research strategies;
- Knowledge of, and experience working on, research in Somaliland and/in the region.
- Proven track record of producing timely first-rate written products and editing experience is required. Exceptionally strong research, analytical, writing, and editing skills are required;
- Demonstrable experience conducting challenging investigative research is highly desirable;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Somali are required;
- Expertise or familiarity with relevant technology is highly desirable;
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to work collaboratively, as well as with external partners, are required;
- Ability to multi-task effectively, including having good planning and organizing skills and ability to work under pressure are essential;
- Ability to make sound decisions consistent with functions is essential.
Other: Applicants for this position must be willing to travel frequently and be prepared to spend extensive time outside the office doing research or advocacy.
Salary and Benefits: Client seeks exceptional applicants and offers competitive compensation and employer-paid benefits.
How to Apply- If you meet above qualifications, please visit our website at http://www.hyjconsulting.com/job-seekers/ and upload your resume to apply for the above position.
Posting will close when a qualified candidate is found. Should you have any questions regarding the position, do not hesitate to email us at Enquiries@hyjconsulting.comAdvertisement