Sponsorship Coordinator – HargeisaPOSITION TITLE| XILKA LA RAADINAYO:
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Post Title: Sponsorship Coordinator
Closing Date: 14th December 2017
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization to which all SOS Children’s Villages including SOS Children’s Villages Somaliland Association is affiliated. We are committed to the welfare of children – often throughout the whole of their childhood, and to strengthening families and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against abandonment and social neglect. We also run education and health facilities. With the SOS Children’s Village concept, the organization pioneered a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children. SOS Children’s Villages upholds child protection policy and our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children and youth from abuse.
SOS Children’s Villages Somaliland is seeking to recruit several positions all to be based in Hargeisa, Somaliland.
The Sponsorship Coordinator is responsible to the National Coordinator for guiding, controlling and coordinating all sponsorship administration within the country. The Coordinator ensures that all SOS sponsorship policies and procedures are complied with, that Village staff at all necessary levels are properly trained to perform sponsorship functions, and that the organisation’s obligations to its sponsors and children are fulfilled.
Its function is to provide quality services to sponsors, through high quality sponsor communication on child profiles, sponsor letters, departure notices, enquiries and complaints, photographs and video clips
- Ensures the Smooth Flow of Sponsor Correspondence
- Coordinates International Sponsorship Activity at the country level
- Maintains Detailed Records and Ensures Accountability of Money Gifts
- Develops Good Relationships with Local and International Sponsors
- Fulfils the requirements of the International Sponsorship Office
loving home for every child
- Must be a graduate of either Business Administration, Education or Social Sciences from a recognized university
- Certificate in academic related to Secretarial is an added advantage
- Excellent computer literacy
- Can design and create innovative, inspiring messages for sponsors and donors
- At least three years of professional experience
- Having worked with Children & Youth as well as in an NGO will be an added advantage
Preferred additional criteria:
- Able to build and guide a team of sponsorship co-workers at programme level
- Able to work with or within a team / virtual team
- Ability to apply knowledge into written communication
- Ability to design, organize and hold workshop and seminars to implement global projects or guidelines
Qualities and Key competences:
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills; ability to exercise good judgment,
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Good reporting skills
- Knowledge of Child protection
- Team player
- Fluency in English
- Computer skills (common Microsoft Windows and Office applications)
- Knowledge of Somali language spoken and written is a requirement
How to apply: Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date is 14th December 2017.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
A loving home for every childAdvertisement