Sponsorship OfficerPOSITION TITLE| XILKA LA RAADINAYO:
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization to which all SOS Children’s Villages including SOS Children’s Villages Somalia Association is affiliated. We are committed to the welfare of children – often throughout the whole of their childhood, and to strengthening families and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against abandonment and social neglect. We also run education and health facilities. With the SOS Children’s Village concept, the organization pioneered a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children. SOS Children’s Villages upholds child protection policy and our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children and youth from abuse.
SOS Children’s Villages Somalia is seeking to recruit two different positions to be based in Mogadishu, Somalia.
- Sponsorship Officer
The Sponsorship Officer is responsible to the village director in handling all sponsorship activities in SOS Children’s Village Programme. He/she is the immediate link to the sponsored children, regarding sponsorship tasks. It is also the responsibility of the position holder to form close relationship with the sponsored children and record progressive information for the sponsors’ consumption. Therefore, he/she is expected to follow data and information on the overall development of sponsored children and the facility in general and pass reliable information to the National Office Sponsorship department. The employee, by keeping in mind the overall purpose of the Sponsorship office in attracting and keeping sponsors as a valuable means to cover the financing of the family life in the organization, prepares reports and other correspondences to the desired effect.
- Follow data and overall information on sponsored children
- Gather information and follow the progress of the village which are appropriate for the sponsors.
- Update such data recordings quarterly to national office sponsorship department and keep information systematically and orderly for reference at any time.
- Fill out and forward the monthly update form about any change on the status of children and youth under the Village’s care and provides the necessary update to national sponsorship
- Based on the sponsorship policy support document and report guideline prepares bi-annual reports on all sponsored children and submits to NO sponsorship department.
- According to SOS photography guideline, take the proper pictures of children and or programs when needed.
- Performs other related and complementary activities that will be assigned by the immediate supervisor provided that they do not deviate from the fundamental sponsorship work.
- Must be a graduate of either Business Administration, Education or Social Sciences from a recognized university
- Certificate in academic related to Secretarial is an added advantage
- Excellent computer literacy
- Can design and create innovative, inspiring messages for sponsors and donors
- At least three years of professional experience
- Having worked with Children & Youth as well as in an NGO will be an added advantage
Preferred additional criteria:
- Able to build and guide a team of sponsorship co-workers at facility level
- Able to work with or within a team / virtual team
- Ability to apply knowledge into written communication
- Ability to design, organize and hold workshop and seminars to implement projects or guidelines
How to apply: Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to: email@example.com
Closing date is 16th Feb. 2018.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.Advertisement