STAFF DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANTPOSITION TITLE| XILKA LA RAADINAYO:
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
This position is funded for an initial period of one year, extension of appointment will be subject to budgetary approval. Appointment against this post is on a local basis. The candidate is responsible for any travel expenses incurred in order to take-up the appointment. All applicants are strongly encouraged to apply on-line as soon as possible after the job opening has been posted and well before the deadline stated in the job opening. Interested applicants who are working with UN Contractors must fulfil the obligations of their contracts with the UN Contractors in order to be eligible to apply for this vacancy.
Organizational Setting and Reporting Relationships:
The position is located in Training Section, Nairobi. The incumbent will report to the Chief Training Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
Within delegated authority, the Staff Development Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
· Identify existing regional training providers as possible learning and training sources and establish learning and development network between UN agencies, NGOs/in-country and regional training providers;
· Develop and conduct induction courses and liaise with the Human Resources Section on the hire of local staff/personnel for training purposes;
· Promote the services through development of brochures, photos and update training activities and accomplishments;
· Compile bids for training from all sections in order to produce the training plan;
· Assist to develop and promulgate learning and development policies and mission training SOPs;
· Maintain the training plan and liaise with Budget Section to ensure that funds are available for training activities;
· Processes the Training Section responsibilities for staff members departing for training as well as trainers coming to the training;
· Coordinates the preparation and organization of training courses by ensuring adequate physical space planning, technology needs and duplication of course materials and other logistical issues;
· Participate in the collection, updating and consolidating of statistical data and standard financial reports; Create systems for monitoring training applications and examinations;
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Professionalism: Ability to perform a broad range of administrative functions, e.g., handle human resources issues, database management, and budget. Shows pride in work and in achievements; Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations; Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping supervisor as well as the team informed.
Client Orientation:Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
Education: High School diploma, or equivalent is required, professional certificate in training or learning and development, adult learning, management, public or business administration, or a related areas such as education or social science.
Experience: A minimum of seven (7) years’ of progressively responsible experience in work force learning and development, adult learning, training or a related areas is required. Experience working in multicultural and/or international work environment and UN field mission are highly desirable.
Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position, fluency in English and Somali languages both written and oral is required. Knowledge of other UN language is an advantage.
Assessment Method: Evaluation of qualified candidates for this positions may include a substantive assessment which will be followed by a competency-based interview.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates may submit their applications including their United Nations Personal History form (P.11) to the address mentioned below quoting vacancy announcement number on the subject line on or before the deadline. The P.11 is on the https://unsos.unmissions.org/jobs. Applications submitted after the deadline 29 June 2017 will not be accepted. Curriculum Vitae (CV) will not be accepted.
Please quote, Vacancy Announcement Number and Functional Title in the subject of the e-mail
The United Nations shall place no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING)