Statistics Director (Ministry of Planning & International Cooperation)POSITION TITLE| XILKA LA RAADINAYO:
SOUTHWEST STATE OF SOMALIA
MINISTRY OF PLANNING & INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION
Job Title: Statistics Director
Department: Statistics, MoPIC ISWA
Assignment Location: Ministry of Planning and International Cooperation,ISWA
Reports to: Director General
Main Tasks and responsibilities:
The Statistics Director will be expected to oversee a wide-ranging portfolio of issues including (but not limited to):
- Manage all statistical activities for the department
- Develop the strategic plan for statistics department
- Contribute to the development of a statistical systems in the line ministries to generate relevant statistics required for decision making
- Advise Director Generals and Ministers on matters such as finance, fiscal and
Monetary policy, international trade, agriculture and natural resource commodities, labor
and other statistical information
- Establish and implement a capacity-building program and specific training courses on statistics with regard to macroeconomic management, fiscal policy analysis, technical skills in forecasting expenditure and interpreting macroeconomic data
- Ensure the collection of relevant statistical information: surveys, indicators, maintenance of a statistical database to support data analysis, and forecasting
- Develop statistical methodologies for the Routine Surveys Such as Consumer Price Index(CPI)
- Plan and Develop the National Strategy for the Development of Statistics (NSDS)
- Coordinate the workshops, seminars and conferences relevant to the Statistics
- Attend relevant regional and international conferences, workshops, and seminars relevant to the Statistics Department.
- Assist in the development of statistical units in the department
- Set all social and economic statistical indicators, and prepare templates for administrative data collection
- Produce, publish & disseminate quarterly statistical bulletins
- Produce, publish & disseminate annual statistical report
- Participate and prepare plan in conducting surveys for the department such as High Frequency Survey(HFS), Demographic & Health survey(DHS), and Household Budget Survey(HBS), and work closely with the National Statistical office in FGS
- Prepare Progress and Annual Reports for the department
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the director general
- Knowledge of the field of official statistics and areas of the work being supervised
- Ability to produce analytical reports and papers on technical issues and to review and edit the work of others, ensuring quality outputs and outcomes
- Ability to apply Department of Statistics rules, regulations, policies and guidelines in work situations.
- Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments,
- Observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda;
- Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with a broad range of people to understand needs and gain support; anticipates and resolves conflicts by pursuing mutually agreeable solutions
- Empowers others to translate vision into results; is proactive in developing strategies to accomplish objectives
- Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honors commitments; delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost and quality standards
- Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules; supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated assignments
- Takes personal responsibility for his/her own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable
- Master degree or advanced degree in Statistics, Demography, sociology, or other relevant degree
- Professional in statistical software ( CSPro, SPSS, and STATA) as well as demographic and statistical packages is an advantage
- A minimum of fiveyears’ experience leading to statistical demographic analysis at a senior level
- A strong background in quantitative and qualitative methods of analysis
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and maintaining professional networks required.
- Experience in development of statistical action plan, technical support services and policies as well as analyses, and results-based budgeting is desirable.
- Fluency in written and spoken in English and Somali
How to Apply
- Please click this link and download the form: Application-Form after filling this form, confidential application can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 24, September 2017 and please attach only the form you filled.
- Note: Write the title of the position on the subject of your Email.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged.Advertisement