TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR CONSLUTANCY OF DOCUMENTING AND PRODUCTION OF SHORT FILMSPOSITION TITLE| XILKA LA RAADINAYO:
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR CONSLUTANCY OF DOCUMENTING AND PRODUCTION OF SHORT FILMS
Consecutive seasons of poor rainfall across Somalia and Somaliland has led to near total crop failures resulting in rapidly diminishing food access among poor households as staple food prices continue to rise sharply. The widespread shortage of water and pasture for livestock is also resulting in increases in livestock deaths so livestock prices have decreased significantly.
SC have been at the forefront of the drought response in Somaliland since 2015, and as the situation has deteriorated end of 2016 has scaled up its response to cover drought affected areas. SC is currently implementing a multi-sectoral program across 8 regions of the country covering Health, Nutrition, WASH, FSL, education and Child Protection.
- OBJECTIVE OF THE ASSINGMENT
The purpose of this ToR is to document and produce three short films (3-4 Minutes each)as bellow:
- Video1: The live of achildren in an IDP, Ainabo district, Sool Region.
- To capture children in Ainabo IDP campto show the how live of children is in an IDP camp.
- To Interview parents and other community membersfor individual stories of children displaced by the drought.
- To edit and produce 3-4 minutes HD film on the children in the IDP.
- To take 30 HQ photos of the live of the child in the IDP
- Video II: Mobile health and Nutrition team move (Behind the scene) Wiriir, Sool Region
- To travel with Mobile health teams and document their live, where they stay how they move.
- To Interview mobile health/nutrition teamsfor individual stories, cases they met and how they do refer and treat the child.
- To edit and produce 3-4 minutes HD film about the move and work of mobile health team.
- To take 50 HQ photos of the team movement and daily live.
- Video III: The success of integrated FSL, WASH and Health/Nutrition, Sool and Togdher region
- To interview at least three beneficiaries of the different program to record their story
- To shoot different areas where the project was implement (E.g. Ballicarraale bore hole, mobile health teams and small shops established by the beneficiaries.)
- To edit and produce 5 minutes HD video documentation showing the success of those interventions of Save the Children
- To take 100 HQ photos of the interventions with English subtitles.
- SCOPE OF THE WORK
- Write script of the film and shooting plan
- Do simultaneous recording of the three tasks to utilize time
- Travel to Sool, togdheer and Some Sanaag regions to documents from the films
- Produce final high quality videos three(3-4minute each) with English sub titles and100 photos to be presented to programme partners, donors and stakeholders
- Adhere to save the children branding guidelines provided by the communications team
- Work under the supervision of the communications team
- TARGET AUDIENCE
The main target beneficiaries/audience of this documentation is;
- Meeting with project stakeholders and staff in project target areas to collect and record data;
- Engage persons with good background and skills in documenting and demonstrating program achievements
- Consult with communications team for any clarifications or challenges during the filming and travel
- Interview programme beneficiaries, stakeholders and implementing teams
- Conduct field visits to project sites including community structures done.
- KEY DELIVERABLES
- Produce short three short docuementry films ( 3-4minutes high quality and well scripted (with English subtitles) videos covering the full story of the process with interviews from beneficiary and SCI staff.
- 200 high quality and well captioned photos
- LEAD TEAM
In consultation with project teams, communications team will be responsible in leading this assignment. The communication team will lead the process and provide clear map for capturing required data in an accessible manner. Project team will provide support in identification of key areas of documentation, and beneficiary.
- TIME FRAME
The assignment is expected to take 13 working days. The firm should start 17December.
|1 day||Travel to Togdher/Sool|
|5 days||Shooting (simultaneously two area)|
|1 day||Travel back to Hargeisa|
|6 days||Editing (Voice over, subtitling and translation)|
Include your accommodation, meals and other needed costs.
Sool, Togdher and Some of Sanaag region.
Save the children will cover only transportation when travelling outside of Hargeisa. Accommodation, security and any other costs the company should include there quotations.
- Qualifications and requirements
- Outstanding videography and photography skills
- Outstanding video editing skills
- Ability to work with children and IDP community
- Good communications skills
- Must have 5 professional cameras and 4 camera men to work simultaneously
- Expression of interest
If you are interested to apply send the bellow requirements to: email@example.com
- Send company profile
- Quotation based on the above time frame
- Registration/License of the company
The deadline is: 10 December 2017, 12:00 noon.
Save the Children’s video & photography
Consent forms will need to be signed from each child or beneficiary filmed, interviewed or photographed in this assignment. Save the Children does not use materials without the consent of the subjects shown in those materials. All images should appear natural and relaxed with the subjects not posing to the camera. All photos should be telling stories on the impact our work had on the lives of beneficiaries and children.
Copyright and intellectual property
In consideration of the fees paid, the consultant expressly assigns to Save the Children any copyright arising from the work the consultant produces while executing this contract. All images and videos will however bear the consultant’s photo credit, as specified by international intellectual property rights. The consultant may not use, reproduce or otherwise disseminate or authorize others to use, reproduce or disseminate such works without prior consent from Save the Children
Code of Conduct
Save the Children’s work is based on deeply held values and principles of child safeguarding, and it is essential that our commitment to children’s rights and humanitarian principles is supported and demonstrated by all members of staff and other people working for and with Save the Children. Save the Children’s Code of Conduct sets out the standards which all staff members must adhere to and the consultant is bound to sign and abide to the Save the Children’s Code of Conduct.
A contract will be signed by the consultant before commencement of the action. The contract will detail terms and conditions of service, aspects on inputs and deliverables. The Consultant will be expected to treat as private and confidential any information disclosed to her/him or with which she/he may come into contact during her/his service. The Consultant will not therefore disclose the same or any particulars thereof to any third party or publish it in any paper without the prior written consent of Save the Children. Any sensitive information (particularly concerning individual children) should be treated as confidential.
An agreement with a consultant will be rendered void if Save the Children discovers any corrupt activities have taken place either during the sourcing, preparation and implementation of the consultancy agreement.Advertisement