Terms of Reference for Project Manager CUM Skills Training Head MasterPOSITION TITLE| XILKA LA RAADINAYO:
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Terms of Reference Project Manager cum Skills Training HeadMaster
Diakonie Katastrophenhilfe (DKH) has been supporting the basic needs of internally displaced women, men, girls and boys in Somalia since 1992. DKH works in partnership with local civil society based organisations (CBOs) for the planning and implementation of projects.
DKH is currently implementing a transitional aid project funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) whose objective is to strengthen the resilience to the prolonged crisis in Somalia of drop-out pastoralists, young people and women who have fled from conflict and drought to the camps in Mogadishu (K7-K20). The objectives of the project are to create camp committees that shall take responsibility for the organisation of community services in the camps, and the improvement of income of the beneficiaries through commercial income generating activities (IGA), mostly the manufacturing of items that are commanded in the camps by recycling of solid waste, and skills training activities in four selected professions in the construction sector to improve the chances for competition of IDPs on the Mogadishu labour market.
DKH is in search for a competent and experienced project manager cum skills training head master for this project. The position will report to the Country Director of DKH Somalia. It is based in Mogadishu and in charge of management tasks, the technical implementation of the project in collaboration with the local partner, and technical consultation on the implementation of the skills training component. There is a consultant for the IGA activities doing recycling whose advices will have to be considered in the implementation of the activities.
Key tasks and responsibilities
The Project Manager is in general responsible for the achievement of the project objectives as described in the project proposal. In compliance with the requirements for the achievement of the activities as described in the intervention logic, the position shall carry out the following tasks:
Management tasks (40%):
- The incumbent of the position is in charge of the overall management of the project reporting to the CD with weekly briefings or more often as needed
- Chairing the monthly Project Management Unit (PMU) meetings (except the PMU meetings with CD/CEO participation, which are chaired by the CD)
- Cooperating with the respective staff of the partner organization DBG
- Perusal of monthly and quarterly narrative reports
- Collaboration with the DKH monitoring staff
Technical tasks (60%):
In the skills training component (50%):
- Design the 10-months’ curriculum for skills training applying a dual approach including theoretical and practical learning objectives of trainees in the professions of bricklaying, carpentry, water installations, electrical installations, include business administration for small scale enterprises in the training modules
- Consult the training approach with the Ministry in charge of education (MoE)
- Train trainers on practical and theoretical training approaches
- Supervise training of trainees Organise two training courses of 10 months’ each in each of the 4 professions for 25 trainees in each course
- Organize the selection of candidates of trainees accordingly to humanitarian, gender, social and educational selection criteria as described in the project proposal
- Organize the conduction of entry and exit tests and issue certificates of participation to trainees
In the IGA component (10%):
- Design teaching modules for Business Administration for micro and small scale enterprises
- Train trainer for business administration
- Technical supervision of IGA activities in the field including supervision of theoretical training
- Collaborate with the IGA consultant and the DKH Programme Coordinator towards the achievement of the IGA results
Duration and Payment
The contract shall start ASAP. The contract will be concluded for the time of one year (12 months). It may be renewable with written agreements in tranches of 12 months until at latest the 31st August 2019 (end of the project).
A monthly gross salary will be paid in compliance with DKH salary grid for Somalia.
- The candidate must be of Somali nationality
- Excellent knowledge in spoken and written business English
- Degree in civil engineering from an international technical university, preferred from an university in the EU
- 5 years of experience in skills training/ vocational training project, preferably in Somalia.
- Practical experience in application of the dual system of vocational training; previous experience in a BMZ funded project in dual vocational training will be an added value
- At least 3 years’ experience in project management with an international organization in relief or development, preferably in a BMZ funded project
- Recent participation in an HEIST training (or HEAT, or comparable) will be an advantage
DKH is an equal opportunities employer. Especially women with equal qualifications are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
If you are interested please send your letter of motivation and CV detailing your qualification and previous experience relevant to the tasks mentioned above to this email email@example.com on or before Sunday, 22nd January 2017. Please attach 3 references from different international organizations including your present/last employer.Advertisement